"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Monday, December 7, 2009

Mojo Reclamation Project

Our very own trail bunny, JoLynn, has taken on my Mojo Reclamation as a charity project and has been inviting me to go riding with her. I am VERY appreciative of this since my exercise enthusiasm meter currently reads "I'd rather sit on the couch eating cereal out of the box and watch House. Thanks, anyway."


Our first attempt to ride together was thwarted by bitter cold and abject Californian Weather Weenieness (Read: JoLynn's report here), but this Sunday JoLynn and hit the road.

Well, some of us literally...


Come on JoLynn, you had to know this would be a highlight. I am teh B*tch after all (*sniff* missing teh G)

This was the maiden voyage for JoLynn's new clipless pedals (still have no idea why they call them clipless pedals when you "clip" in. Whatever) They say three falls makes a rider and JoLynn got one of them out of the way on Sunday, when we stopped to take a picture.

Clearly, my quest for less hot friends is NOT going well.

I am not sure she gets credit for the fall. 1. There was no blood and 2. She looks too fucking cute. There should at least be some embarrassing "Oh shit!" face that I can mock her for. So you be the judge. Does she have 2 more falls or 3 until she is a rider? We will ignore the fact that after only 3 months of riding she is already faster than me. (Pfft. Big whoop-ty doo! Old men with dogs riding in their bike's front basket are faster than me. I wouldn't go bragging girlie!) Either way I will makes sure I have my camera with me.

It was a beautiful ride and we had a great time. We even got to swing through her
hood and meet the fam fam.

Mr. JoLynn is just a cool as one would expect, and if I may be so bold, is quite the little hottie. The world's most photographed trail dog, Boomer, was there and it was fantastic to see his smiling face again.

Boomer, trail dog extraordinaire.
Yes, JoLynn, I stole your picture and then cropped you out of it. I agree, that is pretty fucked up.


I got the meet her cats and was greeted, in true cat style, with the "what they fuck are you doing in our house harshing our mellow" look. Gotta love cats.

All in all a great ride!

Thank you, chickie! I needed that.

17 comments:

Christi said...

I believe she needs to at least bleed in order to become a rider! I hit the dirt the first time with clipless pedals (totally agree with you on the naming) standing still in front of a whole group of riders. Yea, not cool at all!

Good luck with the Mojo project!

StephB said...

Well, I think you both look awfully cute - not a bit of blood, sweat or snot between you. I never look this good on a ride.

Hope your mojo is smoothed over and replanted soon so it can started sprouting gangbusters (just a little mining humor - to reclaim we must smooth over and establish vegetation). : )

Diana said...

Love the "what the fuck are you doing in our house" from the cats! Soooooooo true! And, YES, ya just gotta love cats!
Sweet pics, I give credit to anyone who uses the clips-I would be bleeding profusely from ever trying them.
Keep the mojo up, if you can't....come to WI and enjoy the blizzard we're getting!

Aileen said...

Project Mojo is in full effect. I seriously need RBR back in my life.

Regina said...

I fell with my first clipless peddles while standing still, as in not moving, talking on my cell phone. I guess I deserved it.

I am also not fast....yet. I got chicked by a guy on a Bike Friday once; humiliating. (Yes the foldable one with small wheels)

Aron said...

yayyy nothing like a friend to help you find the mojo :) glad you girls had fun!

Teamarcia said...

Haha love your blog! Sounds like an eventful ride!

Maryland Girl aka Michelle said...

Glad JoLynn has taken you on! I wish I could come ride with you both!

Alisa said...

I so agree, why do they call it clipless!?!?!?! WTF!

So far (knocking on every piece of wookd around me) I've only had wobbles and almost falls trying to get out of the pedals. I wish I was closer and could ride with you. I need serious practice.

Good luck with project MOJO!!

Southbaygirl said...

Bike... what's that? Clipless-how is that possible? so very jealous that you two live so f-ing close to each other that youc an actually meet and go for a bike ride! I have to plane weeks in advance to make the trek north-and even then I either cancel or it gets ruined!...sucks ass!

Walt said...

Based on your profile alone I shall read further. Remember, being able to swim is the most important part.

Jo Lynn said...

Yup, my hubbie is a great catch. Of this I am aware. ;)

Thanks for not telling everone I fell from a complete stand still. Phew.

If you are indeed my "projecct" then you'd better watch out because we will be spending a lot more time together. (If I'm lucky)

Jane said...

dude, we need to coordinate with Formulaic about you-know-what

The Stretch Doc said...

great times!!

hey so is that Vineman count down official ???

rockon'

IronWaddler said...

I love your sense of humor. In my first year of riding- I fell on 50% of my rides. but who is counting. I also busted 1 helmet. I don't know if that makes me a real rider or really clumsy.

tri_al said...

i love you're not offering to help her up. you're taking a photo for the blog. brill.

Shawn said...

I wanna ride Tooooo! :D I promise to be "The Less Hot Chick"! And I'll probably even be slower then you - cause I'm just cool that way.