"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2008: Day 2

Feeling Blue
I am currently in a "fight" with one of my longest standing friends. She moved to San Diego about 6 years ago after she got married, she had kids (2, very adorable kids) and we kind of grew apart. We had chose different paths, her kids and school, me work and school, but we had always maintained contact even though it wasn't the relationship we had before she moved.

Before she moved we talked most days. Often went out for coffee. She would try to drag me hiking (I was a smoker early on in our friendship). She was always the active one. One summer she trained and rode her bike across the entire U.S. ! I was pretty sad about her move. She was the only really close friend I had at the time and I spent a few years pretty lonely. In the last 2.5-3 years I have made some new close friends and have embarked on my journey to being a healthier person with exercise. I know this bothers her. We often find that we don't have much to talk about. I know she is uncomfortable with my talking about Jenny Craig and my exercising because she has gained a considerable amount of weight since she she started dating her now husband (about 50-70 pounds I would guess). She never responded to my email about my marathon and has never asked about it. Fine, I get it. Different priorities, whatever. Well, she got mad because on my recent trip to San Diego I didn't call her. I didn't have time to see her so I thought it would be weird to call her and say, "Hi! I am here, but I don't have time to see you."
She has been up here a couple of times where I didn't know she was here and/or she didn't have time to see me. It happens. We both have crazy busy lives. I didn't get mad at her. When I do it, this must mean that we are not really friends anymore. Unfortunately, she sent me a snarky email about it and I responded in kind. I have a temper and often, react rather than respond. Now, she hasn't responded except to say she is "sleeping on her words". I hate to think our 16 year friendship is over because of this lame reason. Yes, the relationship changed, but it still was a good friendship.

Exercise
None. Rest Day
Calories burned from exercise (0)

Food
Breakfast
None (out of food)/coffee (0 cal)
Snack
None (at work, avoided chocolate. Yay me!) (0 calories)
Lunch
1/2 Turkey Sandwich (mustard, tomatoes and pickles only) (175 cal)
Snack(s)
other 1/2 of turkey sandwich/coffee (175 cal)
Dinner
salad w/ JC dressing & croutons/JC Chicken Fettuccine (420 cal)
Snack
non-fat yogurt & 1/4 c. cereal (150cal)

total calories in: 920 cal
total calories burned from exercise: 0 cal

No comments: