"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Thursday, January 3, 2008

2008: Day 3


Thursday
Pretty good day today. My friend still has not emailed me and there was no answer when I tried to call her. This is stupid, but I guess I will just wait her out.

I started my day by going to the gum to run 5 miles on the treadmill. I saw one of my old AP Biology students (he is now in college) he said he aced his first biology class in college and that made me feel pretty darn good. He worked his buttinski off in my class. He was saying he wanted to run the marathon with me in March. That was very cute. Just a little background, he runs for his cross country team in college. He can run a mile in 5 minutes. I am pretty sure he would die of boredom before we ever got to the finish line. After the gym I met my mom for a diet coke (she doesn't drink coffee and I had some on the way there) and then went to visit a friend of mine that is 5 1/2 months pregnant and has an almost 2 year old (his birthday is in 3 weeks) it was very nice to get to visit with her and her son is getting HUGE. He knows how to go get his train DVD put it in the player and get the remotes to turn on the TV and play the movie. it took me months to figure that all out and I still have to think about it. My friend says he taught himself. Whoa! The movie is this REALLY boring documentary on trains and he LOVES it. They got it for him at the train museum in Sacramento. He fast forwards through any train that is not a steam train, he is a purist! LOL!

Exercise
Run (53:10)
Run 5 miles (10:38 min/mile pace)
Calories burned from exercise (according to HR monitor) ( 555 cal)

Food
Breakfast
2 pcs. whole wheat toast w/3/4 tbsp margarine/coffee (260 cal)
Snack (post-run)
1/2 oz. almonds (no salt)/snack pack dried mango (185 cal)
Lunch
1/2 piece banana bread/ grande non-fat SF vanilla latte (310 cal)
Snack(s)
Granola bar (200 cal)
Dinner
Date night: Sushi golden bell roll/tamago (700 cal)
Snack
Non-fat yogurt & 1/4 c. cereal (150 cal)

total calories in: 1805 cal (sucky!)
total calories burned from exercise: 555 cal

No comments: