"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Could be better, could be worse.

Sat, 03 Nov 2007 17:19
Could be better, could be worse.

WI

I was up 0.2 at JC. Whatever. After 12 billion fun size Snickers and NO exercise I don't really have anything to complain about.

Today's Run and the never ending Knee Saga

I ran, it hurt. I stopped running. Bummer

Now is where the old Stacey would get all negative, frustrated and just "pick up her marbles and go home" but , instead I decided to get a full 30 minutes of aerobic exercise and do some strength training. Just because I can't run right now doesn't mean I can't work out. I still need exercise, it just can't be running right now.

My workout this morning (nothing fantastic, but much better than it could have been):

Aerobic: (total w/o warm up 30 minutes)
0.25 mile warm up walk, followed by stretching
1 mile run
1 mile walk

Strength/flexibility: (total about 15 minutes)
4 sets of 10 crunches with 5 sec. break between sets
3 sets of side planks per side (20 sec hold, 5 sec. break between)
3 sets of the bridge pose (30 sec hold, 5 sec. break between)
3 sets of front planks (30 sec hold, 10 sec. break between)
10 minutes various stretches

No comments: