"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Two-a-day Tuesday


Thank you Thank you!

Thank you all for your kind words for my birthday. I don't usually broadcast it in non-recovery arenas, but since this is essentially my diary, and it is pretty cool to me, I figured, why not?

My birthday always makes me reflect on my life and all that I am grateful for and I am very grateful for all my new virtual friends. You have helped and inspired me more than you know in this quest for fitness, balance, and healthier lifestyle. Thank you for being a part of my journey.

I was thinking about the "Marathon in All 50 States" thing that Shirleyperly is doing. I thought I could do a modified goal and do a "Marathon in all my friend's hometowns" type thing. I guess, it could be alternately titled, "RBR's Blog Stalker Fantasy Tour" Tracy already knows my stalker tendencies! lol!

Side note: Hmm... I put the 'lol' so it wouldn't seem so creepy, but I think it actually heightened the creep factor. Sorry about that.

Anyhoo... just thoughts rambling about in my head. I would love to meet you all of you in person. Watch out! RBR may be coming to a marathon near you! Hey, I think that makes Southbay Girl first! San Diego in June baby! (Alright, technically you are not in San Diego, but us Northern Californians think of everything below Santa Barbara as one big city called "So Cal" anyway. )


Back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Because I have decided I need two rest days (Monday and Friday) and I need to get three run days in to train for the marathon I need to double up on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I will run at lunch and then go to my swim class on those nights.

Yesterday was my first Tuesday doing this. I did it last Thursday, but Thursdays are an easier day for me schedule-wise.

Summary of workouts: I am pooped.

Ok, really here is the breakdown:
Run: Total distance was 4 miles with 5 X hill repeats. The dam trail I wanted to run up was closed, so I had to go up a freaking billy goat trail. That GREATLY reduced the distance I was able to cover on the hill repeats. I was supposed to do 2 min climbs, but I could only handle 1:15. I did 5 of them, but I guess I am going to have to work on that or find a hill to climb that doesn't require a fucking ax pick to get up it!

Swim Class: Total swim time 1 hour. We did various drills for a total yardage 1200. I went, so we count that as a win. I had my earplugs this time and I was able to complete the whole class without getting sick. Yay! It went pretty well. I still hate swimming and I don't think I am any better yet, but I have only had two swim classes. I like the instructor and I fit in with the class, so I guess I will keep going.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Doubling up now!
The part about being a stalker really had me laughing.

Hey, what do you know about side stitches? You are a real runner, so I wanted to check with you. I blogged about mine. But it actually happened on Tuesday. My side is still sore. I can still feel it when I move certain ways. Is this normal for a side stitch? It was the worst one I have ever had, but come on....two days later???
-Angela (tatumsmom)

Willie said...

I can't wait for you to come to Oklahoma! (You would come right?) You'll love it, nothing but flat marathons here baby! PR city!

San Diego.... Hmmmm still trying to get there.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately we are going to have to meet another tri. I'm sick about it but my research had to be scheduled over the top of the SIT. I won't even be in town to come cheer you on.

Sucky sucky sucky. Sucky.

ShirleyPerly said...

Happy belated birthday! Thanks for the shout-out and certainly there are all sorts of marathon circuits people are doing, not just 50-states, so do what works for you. As for the swimming, it only took me 2 years to finally find a stroke that worked for me so I finally liked swimming :-P Keep it up!!

Calyx Meredith said...

The Country Music Marathon is a fantastic race to count for you TN race (and even though we're not there it's "home" so I bet Southbay girl would do it again next year and I certainly would be there) - then there is a great marathon in Miami (and Donna is from Miami - so again even though we're not there we'd go "home" for that one too). Finally - there's http://www.obxmarathon.org/site3.aspx marathon in NC on the Outer Banks as well as http://www.carolinagodiva.org/umsteadmarathon/ which I would have to cheer you on for but not run myself. It's a trail marathon. Lots of fun! I think it would be a great challenge and accomplishment - and a fun way to connect with folks all over the place!