"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Reluctant Workout


Pre-Gym inner dialogue

If the parking lot is full, I am going home. Dammit, 5 open spaces. Fine I will go in. But....

If the treadmills are all taken, I am going home. Dammit, at least 6 open treadmills including my favorite one. Fine, I will get on, but ...

If I still feel like this after a mile, I am going home. If I run three miles then I will have an even 10 miles so far this week and it is only Tuesday. Dammit. Fine, I will do 3 miles, but...

If I don't finish the three miles at least 5 minutes before the class, I am not going to strength class. Dammit, 7 min to spare. Fine, I will go!


Exercise Log


Treadmill (30 min 33 sec)
Run 3 miles (10:11 min/mile)

Strength Class (30 minutes)
One of my favorite instructors. As long as I do not have to laugh, breathe, or do anything that requires the use of my abdominal muscles this week, I should be fine.

I really do feel better for going, but damn, it is hard to get in the door some days!

Food Log

Breakfast
(1) English muffin/coffee (2) JC French Toast + banana/coffee
Snack
apple/coffee/coffee/coffee/ coffee (get the picture?)
Lunch
JC Mac and Cheese
Snack(s)
sl. wheat bread with margarine/coffee/California rolls (3pc)/Tamago
Dinner
JC Chicken Carbonara
Snack
JC Lemon Cake

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm sitting here, laughing at that fat cat who's wearing a headband. LOL. I needed that.

RBR said...

You have to see the original to fully appreciate it awesome-ness!
http://owensays.blogspot.com/2006/08/do-you-hate-working-out-as-much-as.html