"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Monday, December 10, 2007

The Ego Roller Coaster


Exercise: Another Monday afternoon gym visit (read: I rock!)

Treadmill (40 min 35 sec.)
Run 4 miles (10:09 min/mile Woo Hoo!)


After the gym, I was in the parking lot loading up my gym bag when I saw three older teenage boys (probably about 18-19) walking by. This is what I heard:

Teenage Boy #1,"Dude, she's hot." I look around, only me and a pretty hot soccer mom in the parking lot. Could be her, but it could be me. Hmm. I think to myself, I must be looking hot today.

Teenage Boy #2, "Yeah she's hot, but, dude, she is hella old." Hmm, feeling less hot. I am 38 and hot soccer mom is probably early 40's. At this point, she looks at me and I look at her. Let's be honest, we are sizing each other up trying to decide who looks older. I decide they are talking about her. (Yes, I realize to 18-19 year olds 38 and 40 are the same, and both are really flippin' old. But, shhhhh, listen to the story!)

Teenage Boy #1, "Not her, her!" Hmm, maybe it is me. Maybe I am the hot one

Teenage Boy #2, "Dude, she's hella old too. But yeah, she's hot." Back to being old. Bummer

By this time they have walked away and I am left with a decision. I decide that I am hot to both boys and only old to one. Soccer mom is the one that is hot to both and old to both. So there.

It is my story and I can interpret it any damn way I want to!

Food Log

Breakfast
(1) English muffin/coffee (2) JC French Toast + banana/coffee
Snack
apple
Lunch
JC Cheesy Enchilada/sl. wheat bread with margarine
Snack
JC Cheese Curls
Dinner
Homemade turkey sandwich (turkey, mustard and wheat bread) Look Ma! I am eating wheat bread!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

OMG. That's Laugh Out Loud Funny. Great story!

One correction though - to 18 and 19 year olds, 39, 40, 50 and 60 are one and the same.

Geez, I remember being younger and wondering why retirement was at 62, since that's so close to death anyway, why they said Elvis was young when he died, since he was old (42!!!), etc.

Personally, I want to start a new phrase: OMILF. Old Maid I'd Like To ....

*oops....never mind*

Glad you started this new blog! At least we can post even when the crap site has nervous breakdowns!

Shelley said...

I want to be on your friends list....you don't like me anymore? :(

I'm back but I'm having an EP nervous breakdown, too!! Theriously!!!!