"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Saturday, December 8, 2007

GOALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!


Jenny Craig Weigh In

6 months and 13 days after rejoining Jenny Craig for the umpteenth time, I have made my goal weight of 130 pounds. I have never hit goal. I joined JC 13 years ago, becoming a lifetime member because I knew that this would be a lifetime problem. I have been back and forth many, many times, but I have never, ever, made it to goal. I have to say, I am a little proud of myself.

In addition to losing weight, I have run 374 miles since May 25th when I started this journey, have completed another triathlon (Pacific Grove Olympic Distance) , a grueling 5mile run called the Dammit run where I voluntarily ran up, well a Dam obviously, and other assorted killer hills, and I ran/walked the Nike Women's Marathon. I have even eaten a vegetable or two, a fact that my mother and husband are most stunned by.

This may not sound like a lot to you hard core athletes (or even medium core, for that matter), but it is a tremendous amount for me.

My next fitness goals are:
  • March 2, 2008: Run the entire Napa Valley Marathon
  • September 13, 2008: PR on next year's Pacific Grove Olympic Distance Triathlon (that shouldn't be too hard considering my previous times!)
  • October 5, 2008: Half-marathon PR at Cowtown Half Marathon (Again, shouldn't be too hard. It really is the beauty of being so darn slow!)
  • July, 2009: Complete the Vineman Half-Ironman Triathlon (Whoa, I can't believe I even had the balls to type that)
Exercise

None we bailed on the run. I don't have a good reason so I won't try to make one up.

Food Log for Saturday:


Breakfast
Oatmeal w/ 1/2 banana
coffee coffee
Snack
snack pack of dried plums
Lunch
JC Chicken Carbonara
Snack
LARGE pc. Chocolate cake
Dinner
Sushi/Golden Bell Roll/Tamago

No comments: