"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Good News & Bad News

Wed, 21 Nov 2007 00:32
Good News & Bad News

Ever the optimist I will begin with the good news! (read: I want to put off admitting to the horrifying amount of food I ate today)

Knee Doctor

I went today and it was so nice to go to a doctor that isn't standing by the door with their hand on the handle, chomping at the bit to get to their next patient, before they even say hello to you. He examined my knee, asked what I had done so far and never once acted like I was an idiot for coming in or waiting so long to come in. Plus he was HOT, another big plus in my book.

He took an x-ray of my knee and said he did not see evidence of a stress fracture (Yikes! Hadn't considered that one) but he couldn't rule it out. He gave me a cortisone shot in my knee (He mentioned it, I asked for it. Surprisingly not painful due to and anesthetic spray he used. It ached for a little while later, but all in all not bad) He prescribed physical therapy and gave me several physical therapists that he recommended to run by my oh-so-caring-and-competent primary care physician to see if I can get insurance to pay for it. He told me to give the knee a break from the treamill for 24-48 hours and then try a short run on Saturday. So I will do that.

I feel good that I have tried this new avenue, hopefully it will be what I need to be able to get running and training for Napa! He said if it isn't any better in 2 weeks that I need to come back to see him and he will insist on an MRI to see if there is a fracture (I really don't think so).

Anyway that is the update!

Part II of the Good News

As of 12 noon today, NO CHERUBS of either the high school or college variety for 5 days!! Love them to death, but to ensure that it is not LITERALLY to death I need a break from them sometimes!

College cherubs have a lab report due on Monday and their final lab practical on Wednesday so they are all emailing like mad, but I don't have to go and teach them. Yipee!

The high school cherubs are as glad to get rid of me for 5 days as I am to get rid of them, so we are all good! I doubt there will be any phone calls or emails from them! Another Yipee!

Food (*sigh* It is time to face the music)

Breakfast
(1) English muffin
coffee
(2) JC French Toast ( I know, you are shocked!)
more coffee

Snack
apple
more coffee
1 inch square of Sees chocolate bar (college reference letter bribes are starting to trickle in, must pawn these off on other teenagers! And yes, the remainder of this bar is stashed in my desk.)

Lunch
1 slice cheese pizza (the victory party for my class winning the Second Harvest Canned Food Drive. I am ridiculously competitive about this and i win every year! I had stiff competition this year, but the kids stepped it up and we won! Boo Yah!)
And even more coffee (the shocking revelations they just keep a comin')

Snack
Sushi (ok, not really a snack, but was eaten in lieu of a snack, so... I know, lame!)
Golden Bell Roll
Tamago
Diet Coke (hey, at least it wasn't coffee!)

Dinner
JC Cheesy Enchilada

Snack (because there just hasn't been enough!)
JC Lemon cake
Yogurt w/ 1/4 c. soy flax cereal

No comments: