"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Thursday, October 18, 2007

I refuse to sulk any longer!

Thu, 18 Oct 2007 01:24
I refuse to sulk any longer!

Alright it is time for Stacey to get off the pity pot! I have a marathon to run dammit!

I am tired of being down about this race. I am going to will myself into being excited for Sunday. Tomorrow I have an appointment to get “the note” (Dr. was sick and I had to reschedule Mon.’s appointment) and I have another appointment with the massage therapist from hell. He is a nice guy, but I am more into relaxation massage than the “dig your elbow into my sore knee” type of massage. Hopefully it will help.

Then it off to buy Puffy Paint! I don’t consider myself a crafty, sorority girl type, but I do enjoy a good puffy paint shirt for a race. I will post a picture of my RBR jersey from the triathlon last year. My run buddy is the premier Puffy Painter so really I just tell her what I want.

I am going to get one of those Iron On sheets that you can print out from your computer to do a picture of Jeff that says “No Matter What” under it (it is from a program saying, “Don’t take nothin’, no matter what”) I am also going to have all the names of the people I am running in honor as requested by some of my donors. I was also thinking I would get a penguin iron on if I can find one. I’ll post a picture when I get it done.

The knee feels about the same. I am going to start off with a run-walk and see how it goes.

Thank you so much for all of your encouraging words it really helped me through this.

You guys ROCK!

No comments: