"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Friday, August 31, 2007

Theeeeey’re baaaaack!!

Fri, 31 Aug 2007 00:33
Theeeeey’re baaaaack!!

Well, school has started. I don’t know if I have ever mentioned this, but I am a high school biology teacher. This summer was the first time I took some time off and, while I still had to take some classes, I was off more than I have ever been. I was really worried about having that much time away from work because I struggle with depression. I was worried I might get myself in trouble. On the contrary, I had a great summer. With the exception of losing Winston I had great time and have started this school year feeling more relaxed and happier than ever.

I want to thank you all for your great support in my training and weight loss. I really enjoy reading everyone’s blogs and hearing their successes. It inspires me to continue this journey.

Anyhoo… after my 16 mile run on Saturday I laid around like a big, fat tuna all day Sunday. On Monday I went to the gym! Yes, you heard me right. Stacey, hater of all things “gym” went to the gym. I wanted to start right away on my goal to remain active throughout the school year and I know I will not go running in the dark and the cold once winter gets rolling. Therefore, I am going to go the gym at 5:30am to run on the treadmill. I went Monday and Wednesday this week and ran 2 miles each day (that is all I had time for since I run so slow). On Tuesday I went to track and did speed and core strength drills. It was hotter than hell!

I also started back to my Master’s classes at State. I have remained strong and am only taking classes and teaching classes on Mondays and Wednesdays. I almost caved into my old ways and added “just one class” on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but my run buddy and my hubby reminded my of my goal and I didn’t add the class. Yay me!


I have WI at JC tomorrow and my eating has been excellent except for a Chevy’s dinner tonight. That damn Mexican food gets me every time. I just LOVE it. I will let you know how it goes.

Well, I have 5 days of blogs to get caught up on, so I better get reading! Have a great night!

No comments: