"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Track Practice 7/31

Wed, 01 Aug 2007 11:22
Track Practice 7/31

I showed up to track practice none too happy after Day 2 of the "Narcissist's Guide to Health for Educators" also known as my 8 hour, torturous, stupid credential class. But track went pretty well.


Practice Schedule:

  • 3/4 mi warm up
  • 5-800 yd (2 laps, five times with a 2 minutes rest in between) at comfortably hard pace. They said that this should be a tough effort, but you want to maintain consistent times. Here are mine (min:sec):
    • 1st 800 5:13
    • 2nd 800 5:12
    • 3rd 800 4:51
    • 4th 800 4:51
    • 5th 800 4:47

My run buddy twisted her ankle on our 12 mile run so; she only ran the first two sets and then rested. I hope it wasn’t too soon for her to run. We are supposed to do a hill workout on Thursday, but I am not so sure that is a good idea for her. We’ll see.

Food wise I have been pretty good the last 2 days because I am trapped in this class, but I am finding motivation difficult and I am feeling a little down about it because I don’t feel like I am making good progress. I have WI on Friday hopefully I will see a loss this time and get fired up again.

Off to be tortured by Nurse Ratchet! Toodles!

No comments: