"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Monday, March 10, 2008

I think it caught up with me

I woke up this morning and I felt drugged. I could barely move.

I. Was. So. Tired.

I think the marathon caught up with me. I have been feeling pretty great, so I was surprised I recovering so easily. I had heard that it could take a while to get over a marathon. Well, today I could barely stay awake. I couldn't sit down at school for fear of falling asleep. I went home as early as I could after school and slept for 3 hours. I feel a lot better. I am going to go to bed early tonight. I definitely need more sleep while I am training and I have been pretty bad about getting to bed before 11 (I get up at 4 am).

Today was a rest day, so I did not work out. Tomorrow I have two workouts scheduled and I am not sure how I am going to get both of them done with work and class. I am supposed to do a 45 minute bike ride and then a 2200 yd swim.

Crikey!

Did you read that? 2200 yards! That is 1.25 miles!

That will take me FOREVER! I am the slowest swimmer that has ever swum. After my class the only lap swim hours at the Y are from 8:30pm-9:30pm. I can't swim 2200 yds in an hour, so I will have to get as much done as I can.

No comments: