"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Friday, March 14, 2008

Feeling better

I am still house/couch bound, but it is a better place to be 'bound' than I have found myself in the last three days (think stomach flu, do I have to spell it out for you people?) Now, while I was apparently smoking crack when I thought I could exercise today, I do feel much better. So much better that I have been screwing around on the internet all day one of my destinations ended up being...

TO REGISTER FOR THE SAN DIEGO ROCK 'N' ROLL MARATHON!







Boo yah, baby!

Time to prove it wasn't a fluke and earn the right to call myself a 'marathoner'!

5 comments:

Willie said...

Way to go and holy crap! I have a friend who ran San Deigo and loved it. You are going to have a ball. I feel like saying nah nah nah nah nah you got hooked on marathons! They are like crack! Now that you have a good base of mileage you can throw in some tempo runs and speed workouts. Those really help and also melt the pounds unlike base training. Oh man, this is so awesome! I'm excited for you.

Jane said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love "Run Bitch Run." I might have to steal that line :) Way to go on the marathon! and the next one! yeah all this stuff is addicting.

Angela said...

Yay! Glad you're feeling better. And that's awesome that you registered for another marathon. Anybody ever tell you that might possibly be an overachiever? You are seriously my running idol!

Calyx Meredith said...

Congrats! On feeling better (finally) and on the SD marathon. June, eh? You are one plucky babe. I can't picture running one and here you are blithely going for the plural. Best of luck! Can't wait to hear about it. Peace.

Tracy said...

Why do I have this image of your animals wearing helmets and yelling, "INCOMING!" each time they see you heading for the bathroom?

Someone commented on my blog something like, "39, huh? Not bad." Like it's amazing I'm still ALIVE - let alone exercising. It didn't offend me. It cracked me up.

I think it's probably safe to assume that the "commenter" is 20-something. HA! THEY'LL find out what "old age" is SOMEDAY! *insert evil laugh here*.

Glad you're feeling better. Keep it up.