"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Sunday, January 13, 2008

What the hell is 'cyclates'?


Today I had my ass handed to me on a silver platter

Exercise
Cyclates: Spin Class (50:00) Pilates (20:00)
HR monitor: Total calories burned (580 cal)

I wasn't sure if I should go to the Cyclates class (that is what the Y calls it) this morning after the 11 mile run yesterday, but I decided to go. I promptly regretted that decision, and proceeded to get my ass handed to me for 50 minutes. Thank God she stopped at 50 minutes. I had to sit down and turn down my resistance several times to rest. My quads were screaming! After that was the pilates part of the class. I only stayed for 20 minutes of the class because I had to go meet a friend, but that was plenty.

Food
Breakfast
JC French Toast/coffee (250 cal)
Snack
Lindt chocolate ball (78 cal) (Whoa! One little chocolate!)
Lunch
Oatmeal/2 pieces toast (dry)/coffee (400 cal)
Snack(s)
Yogurt & 1/4 c. cereal (150 cal)
Dinner
Taco Bell: Crunch Wrap Supreme/taco (730 cal)
Snack
White cake (310 cal)

total calories in: 1783 cal (Yikes, the slippery 'bad meal' slope. One planned night turns into 2)
total calories burned from exercise: 580 cal

1 comment:

Southbaygirl said...

You are a VERY STRONG woman to go to that class after an 11 mile run! Good for you! And Thanks for telling me what your mom says! Yes good riddance to bad rubbish!

Can't wait to get the mew Garmin.

Can't wait to run tomorrow and get shots!

I look forward to reading your blog everyday!