"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sunday: The saddest day of vacation since it is the last day of vacation!

Today
I went work at made some serious progress on Mission Impossible. I had to do heavy cleaning and organizing and i was sweating up a storm, so i thought I would look online to see how many calories I burned, now I think this is a little exaggerated, but the Calories Burned Calculator said I had burned 778 calories doing general house cleaning for 3 hours 45 minutes. I think I will record 600 calories for it because I did work pretty damn hard.

I am pretty pooped, but I have to get my act together for school tomorrow.

Exercise
Cycle (41:00)
stationary bike 13.0 miles (19.02 mph pace)
HR monitor: Total calories burned (478 cal)

Holy Cow, was that hard! I was trying to keep my HR rate at 155 average and my poor little leggies were so tired. It is a completely different muscle group from running. I guess that is why they call it cross training.

I tried to go to the new class at the Y this morning, but apparently the entire class is canceled and they added a new class at 8:00 am-9:30 (yikes! That is a long class) that is cycling (50 min) then pilates (30 min) with a cool down between the two. I got there at 9:05 for the 9:15 class and I was not going to walk in after they had been working for over an hour.

However, instead of leaving (actually, I was half-way out the door, but guilt got the better of me) I went to the cardio room and did the stationary bike. I resisted the urge to run instead of cycle since today was supposed to be strength training or cross training. 'Yay me' on both counts!

Food
Breakfast
2 pcs. wheat toast w/ margarine/coffee (260cal)
Snack
coffee (0 cal)
Lunch
1/2 Turkey sandwich (no mayo, no cheese) (175 cal)
Snack(s)
other 1/2 turkey sandwich (175 cal)
Dinner
JC Cheesy Enchilada/salad w/ JC dressing & croutons (410 cal)
Snack
Yogurt & 1/4 c. cereal (150 cal)

total calories in: 1580 cal
total calories burned from exercise: 1078 cal

No comments: