"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

PR on the treadmill


Exercise
Run treadmill (38:17)
run 4 miles (9:34 min/mile pace. Holy cow!)
HR monitor: Total calories burned (421 cal)

This is my fastest 4 mile run to date. This is also the fastest pace I have EVER had for a run of ANY distance. Can I get a BOO YAH?! I don't know if PRs (personal records) really count on the treadmill, but I am pretty excited that I had a pace under 10 min/mile. One of my goals is to run a 10K and then a half-marathon at a 10 min/mile pace. Today was the first time I felt like maybe I can get there.

Food
Breakfast
English muffin & jam/coffee (155 cal)
Snack
JC French Toast/coffee/2 pcs. choc. covered caramel (350 cal)
Lunch
JC Mac & Cheese/sl. wheat bread w/ margarine (360 cal)
Snack(s)
Instant coffee (vanilla flavored) (80 cal)
Dinner
Salad w/ JC dressing & croutons/JC Turkey Dinner(420 cal)
Snack
JC Chocolate cake(170 cal)

Total calories in: 1535 cal
Total calories burned from exercise: 421 cal

No comments: