"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Busy, long Saturday

Today
I had a long, but productive day. I am very glad I made it out on my run this afternoon after lab. I think it improved my mood and outlook a lot. I made a little headway on my inconceivably large pile of grading and I have a plan of attack for the rest of it. I still have lots of other tasks for this weekend on the brain, but as a good friend reminded me, they will either happen or they won't, either way no one is going to die over it.

One more week and the cherubs become their parents' problem for two whole weeks. I just have to hold out until then.

Exercise Log
Long Slow Run (LSR) day
Ran 6 miles 1:11:19 (11:53 min/mile pace)

I was pretty concerned about my fitness and my knee with this run, but aerobically I was fine and the knee held out pretty well. It is sore (actually they both are) but I am icing it and taking Advil. I am going to run two or three miles tomorrow morning (depending on the knee) and then go to the strength class.

Food Log
Breakfast
Chocolate raised donut/6 donut holes/coffee (*sigh* I knew when I bought the kids donuts for the Saturday lab I would eat one/some)
Snack
another flippin' donut/ coffee (*double sigh*)
Lunch
1/2 homemade turkey sandwich (1 pc. wheat bread, mustard, turkey)
Snack(s)
none
Dinner
(Red Robin) Chicken Caesar Wrap (no fries)/side salad
Snack
yogurt w/ 1/4 c. cereal

No comments: