"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Friday, October 12, 2007

Fri, 12 Oct 2007 22:51
Weigh in and knee update
JC Weigh in

Well at least it was a loss and not a gain, but I only lost 0.4 lb of the 1.4 gain over the last two weeks. I'll take it.

(I bought another one of those cursed S'mores bars again this week. I am sure I will eat it tonight. Damn its chocolat-ey goodness! At least I only bought one this time)

Sleep

Uhh, can anyone tell me what that is?

Knee

It has been pretty bad this week. I have vascilated between quiet resignation and the verge of emotional breakdown. I made an appointment with a Sport Massage Therapist today. I was really nervous about it for a few reasons:

1. I am not the traditional athlete build. I feared being surrounded in the waiting room by hard bodies that just finished their 12th Ironman.

2. I was concerned my cellulite might gross out the massage therapist

3. I knew it would hurt. I am not a huge fan of pain.

4. I didn't want him to tell me not to run.

I just got back and it was pretty good. I feel more optimistic about the run than I have all week.

1. There was no one else there except his one client before me and I doubt she has done 12 Ironmans.

2. He never once gagged or acted as if my cellulite grossed him out.

3. It did hurt, but he was really nice and distracted me by talking and kindly laughing at my jokes when it really hurt.

4. He said that he understood why this was so important and he gave me a bunch of stretches to do and advice about what I need to do to keep it loosened up for Sunday.

I am going to the doctor on Monday to get a note that says I will need additional time to complete the marathon, so I can start with the walkers and run/walkers. This way I get more time to try to complete the marathon and I am not forced to kill some skinny ass race official that tries to pull me off the course at mile 18

The bad thing about the early start is that I CANNOT (meaning I am not allowed to) finish the marathon in under 6hrs 30min. The coaches are not sure if this is really true or something the race officials are saying to discourage people from getting doctor's notes to start early. I don't know, but if I have to walk I run a serious risk of not making it to the 18 mile mark in time. As it is, I am not sure my knee can hold out for 26.2 miles over any amount of time. We shall see.


Flaxseed oil capsules

The capsule is as big as a freaking golf ball, but does it the trick and not in a "Holy Cow! Get outta my way!" manner, but it just works. I have to take it 3 times a day ( I was having some serious issues) I understand you can eat the seeds themselves, but I have no idea how many you have to eat.

If you are having trouble getting your "used" JC food to pass on through, I recommend it. Thank you to Tatumsmom for the idea. I read it on her blog.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: