"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Track Practice 8/21

Wed, 22 Aug 2007 23:19
Track Practice 8/21

As some of you know I had a rough day yesterday (see last post). Afterwards a friend and I went to lunch since I hadn’t eaten all day. Normally I would have used this as an excuse to eat whatever, but I really didn’t want to. It felt like it would be disrespectful to his memory to do something negative. Likewise with going to track last night. I didn’t want to go, but I also didn’t want to use him as an excuse for doing something bad for me. I don’t know if that makes sense, but that is how I felt.

Track practice was hill repeats up the dam again and I did pretty well. I suppose I should have since I have been running the dam a lot lately! I am running 5 miles tomorrow morning and then my husband is taking me and Lucy (our dog) to Carmel for an overnight get-away. Then on Saturday I have my 16 mile run. We will be running part of the Nike Marathon course so, I am both excited and nervous.

Thank you to everyone for your support and kind words for Winston. He was one of a kind!

No comments: