"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Success!

Sun, 29 Jul 2007 17:45
Success!
Alright, I redeemed myself today. My run buddy and I went to Half Moon Bay and ran 12 miles! I ran all 12 and she has a run/walk program that she does, but we did it! I feel so much better. The last mile of these long runs is torture, but after putting in 11 miles who wants to quit? So I slogged through the last mile and then waited in the car for my friend with ice bags on my knees.

Some of thoughts on exercise success:

1. Get a run/exercise buddy. It gives you accountability when you want to bail on exercising, it makes exercise more fun, you can motivate each other when someone is having a bad day

2. Choose an exercise that you enjoy or think you might enjoy and then give yourself a break if you are not immediately (or in my case, ever) good at it. If you like it, keep it up if not try something else.

3. Build your miles/minutes/intensity SLOWLY. If you are tortured every time you won't continue to exercise.

No comments: