"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Saturday, August 18, 2007

It has all just gone to hell!

Sat, 18 Aug 2007 17:56
It has all just gone to hell!

Included below is the irrational rantings of a woman whose plumbing is out of commission for the week. So you may want to take that into consideration before recommending committing her to the asylum.

Argh! The week started off ok, but then went straight to hell. On Saturday, I ran the Dammit Run and then on Monday I completed my long run of 14 miles. I took two rest days on Tues and Wed. On Thursday I was supposed to do a 6 mile Buddy run in the morning, but due to 1. A bladder infection (TMI, I know, sorry) 2. My period starting (also TMI, but I am on a rant here) and 3. Just an all out crappy attitude, I only ran 5 miles and it was a miracle that I even completed that.


Friday is supposed to be my rest day, but I helped my run buddy move and fell for the ol’ “I really don’t have very much stuff” routine. Lord, I am 38 years old, WHEN do you stop falling for that line! Her old apartment is in the third floor with NO elevator. Are you kidding me? It has electricity and actual running water; you would think it was modern enough to have an elevator! So after hauling all of her “not very much stuff” down two flights of stairs we got to move it the to the new place and haul it up one flight of stairs.

Essentially we walked up and down stairs for 8 hours yesterday carrying various pieces of heavy ass furniture and assorted boxes. Then today we were supposed to run 6 miles and we were so sore and tired from moving we ended up walking about a mile and a half and giving up and saying “forget it we are going to go have breakfast.”

I also got the pleasure of going to my JC weigh in on Friday and recording a 0.4 lb increase in my weight (I know it is water weight from the TOM, but still irritating after running 24 miles that week) SO now my already crappy mood has taken a serious downward turn. Now is where I confess my sins, which were many:

1. Lunch Friday: Restaurant: cheese tortellini with tomato cream sauce and enough soft breadsticks to feed a small nation.

2. Breakfast on Saturday: 2 scrambled eggs, hash browns, and English muffin and then…well, ….umm…I had a piece of berry pie * hangs head in shame* Yes, after a full breakfast including hash browns I ate an entire piece of pie in classic Stacey “Screw it! I already messed it up anyway” Style.

Now here I sit feeling awful! My bladder hurts, my body hurts and now I have 12,000 extra calories to work off before I weigh in next Friday.

No comments: