Goals for 2009
*yes, another list of goals. Sorry, but it is that time of year.
1. Do the training necessary to complete Ironman Coeur d'Alene in under 17 hours. 16:59:59 would be fine by me! (Winter -Spring 2009)
Bike and Run:
See previous post for bike and run plans and milestones in training
Masters Level 2 twice a week starting Jan 6th
At least 7 Open water swims with at least 3 of full Iron distance
2. Start strength training. I used to be just naturally really strong (almost freakishly so) and now as I get older I can see that I am losing strength. I want my strength back. Every time I try this I get intimidated by the hardbodies in the gym and stop (or more often, don't start). It is time to get over it. (Start Winter 2009)
My only bar to measure strength by is when I was screwing around on the park course and realized how bad it had gotten. Here is the current and goal totals:
Currently: I can do 10 regular pushups (not on knees/chest to floor) in a row.
Goal: 25 pushups in a row
Currently: I cannot do a full pull up (ugh! I used to be able to do 5 in a row)
Goal: 1 full pull up
Currently: I can do 1 full bar dip (parallel bars/dip to chest)
Goal: 3 full bar dips
3. Study for and pass my comprehensive exams to finish my Masters in Molecular/Microbiology (Fall 2009)
4. Keep pushing my AP students. I have an amazing group of kids and I really want to give them the best opportunity to excel on the AP exam and rock the hell out of college biology.
Family/Friends (not listed last because it is less important, just because it is the hardest area for me to admit my shortcomings)
5. Date night once a week (we'll try it again. We have been much better than years past, but once a week is not too much to ask of either of us)
6. At least two Girl's days out with Mom (one already planned in April to see 'Wicked')
7. 3 day fastpacking trip with Dad on John Muir trail. (Let me preface this with the fact that I have NEVER even camped. This ought to be exciting) (Summer 2009)