"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Thursday, May 1, 2008

I may not make it


April until mid May is a brutal time of year for me. End of the semester at State, so my masters classes have finals and work due, the class I teach at State has finals and grading, then at my real job, high school, my AP students have the National AP Biology Exam (the test we have been working toward since August).

It is balls to the wall until May 14th. I will be a very happy camper after May 14th. If I make it.

My diet has taken a hit this week. My training has taken a hit this week, but I am still worlds ahead of where I was at this time last year. This time last year I hit one the the lowest emotional points I have experienced in the 17 years I have been clean. It was then that I decided I needed to to make a change and not have exercise be a "summer thing", but a lifestyle.

In that vein (or should I say "vain"), I am going to make myself feel better about the HUGE volume of food I have eaten this week by posting my April training totals:

April Totals

Run: 88.9 miles
Bike: 126.1 miles
Swim: 11,460 yards

YTD 2008 Totals

Run: 315.8 miles
Bike: 282.8 miles
Swim: 18,110 yards

3 comments:

Calyx Meredith said...

I live with a teacher and as bad as her crunch is this time of year - it doesn't sound nearly as bad as yours!! Take care of yourself and know that your blogger pals are sending you good mojo! Almost there!

The high five kitty CRACKED me up. And finally - Yay you on the April totals!! Hang in there RBR.

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Yep, my favorite time of year. My kids don't have Ap exams. Just regular ones. Not that it matters. Oh wait, did I say that out loud?

Lou said...

I do a little lurking on your blog as well. I got curious when I read about you getting clean and went back to some of your early entries. Your story is amazing. It's no where near as inspiring or amazing, but I'm also a former smoker and a chick who has carried around extra weight on and off since high school. Now well into my third training season I'm learning a lot about why I'm doing what I'm doing.

I'm rambling. About me. I do that. Anyway, good luck with crunch time! I'm so glad Lindy linked me here :)