"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Friday, February 29, 2008

Those diseased vermin gave me a cold!

Damn teenagers! Little germ factories! I keep threatening to install a HazMat decontamination shower over my door. I really need to get on that.

They have no problem cutting my class if they get a hankerin' for french fries in the middle of the day, but when they are sick they always show up and hack and snot all over everything. Then they whine that they can't do any work, because they are sick. If you are sick, STAY HOME! Spare the rest of us your contagious, whiny-ass self, you walking petri dish!

Ahem... sorry. I'm done.



Anyhoo, I have been sick all week and it has been all I can do to keep my head above water with work, my Masters classes (HUGE presentation this week, of course!), teaching at State, blah, blah...

I haven't run since Sunday and I am freaking out. My coach recommended walking today to keep my legs loose. I am feeling a little better, so I will do that.

I do not feel confident about the marathon at all. Not that I am usually a cocky person, but I have trained hard as I could and I thought I would be more confident going into this thing.

I am not.

I think I may throw up.

Hopefully this is normal.

3 comments:

Southbaygirl said...

DON"T FREAK OUT!!! You are so ready!!! But I agree how dare the kids get you sick!

You've built up a great base for this weekends marathon!!! I think getting out an getting a walk in will clear your head a bit as well as loosening up your legs....take Lucy out and go enjoy a wonderful dog walk!!! And notice the absolute joy in a dog!!! It will make anyone feel better!!

I'm sure getting nervous is normal-at least it is for me, but I get nervous before new jobs, herding events, races, dates-oh wait I don't have those!! Getting nervous is good-it will give you alot of energy which you'll have to run to get rid of!!

You're going to have so much fun and you're going to do great!!! I can't wait to hear and see all about it!!! I just wish I was coming up there to cheer you on!!!

Southbaygirl said...

S-
I don't know what I do for a living!!! ha right now nothing! Right now I'd love to be a teacher and deal with teenage brains!! My job...well we'll have to sit down and have a glass of wine and discuss my stupid job! The entertainment industry is a pain!!

I'm really sorry you still don't feel well. That really does suck!! I have all the faith in the world that you will feel better for the race on sunday!!! I just know you will! And I'm thrilled hubby and Lucy will be there-tell him to take loads of pictures and buy lots of yummy wine!!!

Weekend of march 14-16 there is the Paso Zin Festival-I might go. I also might run the 25k at Montana on the 16th...well I might attempt it! But I'm really getting into trails-well off road. Maybe because it's so different. It can be hard but it's such a wonderful bonding time for Velcro and me! Even if I do get mud caked onto my shoes. Must buy some trail shoes!!!

I'm alone too tonight-hell I'm always alone except for the kitties and Velcro. We just came back from the park-it was jolly ball time for the girl.

I just couldn't motivate to doing ANYTHING today! I think I'm a bit depressed....maybe my run tomorrow will make me feel better!

I can't wait to hear all about the Napa Marathon! You have to promise yourself you will have a great time!! You're travelling somewhere to run a marathon! That is always so exciting!!! Buy a nice bottle of wine and have a great dinner on sunday!! And take pics. I know you're going to have a great time and do great!!!!!

RUN BITCH RUN!!!!! Smile and love it! It's going to be great!!!

-P

Willie said...

Pre-marathon jitters. That's what you've got, nothing more. You'll be fine once you start the race and get into your groove. I'm so excited to hear about it, I wish I was there too.

On another note, I have no idea how you can teach teenagers. You must be a saint or totally insane (let's go with saint). How you can keep from strangling their over-hormoned, over-cologned, self-indulged little heathen necks eludes me. I have no use for them and I have one living in my house! I just tell myself that one day he will get well and become someone I can actually talk with.

You are an awesome person for what you do. You're a runner. Enough said!

RUN BITCH RUN!