"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Vacation: Day 1

Exercise

LSR day (1:23:01)
Total miles run: 7.5 (11:04 min/mile pace. Not too shabby)

My knees and legs felt like crap on the run and I felt like I was running really slow. I was passed like I was standing still, by about 405 willowy women with rock hard legs in short shorts. It rocked. But I kept running. In the end my pace came out pretty good. I ran the first 1.5 miles with my run buddy then she started the run/walk and I ran on.

It was a very cathartic run. I actually cried a couple of times. This has been a tough week and I guess I needed a long run to process it all. I was thinking of a poem I read on another blog titled What am I running from? (Athena Diaries) I tried to create my own poem in my head as I ran. NOTE: This is heavily plagiarized from her original because I am in no way creative enough to think of this on my own. Please check out the original at the link above. It is inspiring.

Why I run

I am running from...

I am not thin enough,

from I am not pretty enough,
from I am not smart enough.

I am running from

I am not caring enough,
from I am not hard-working enough,

from I am not ... enough.

I am running to


I am fit enough,
to I am strong enough,
to I am good enough.

I am running to

I am confident enough,
to I am happy enough,
to I am enough.


Food log

Breakfast
no breakfast/coffee
Snack
2 mini Luna bars on the run (samples from the marathon)
Lunch
Out to sushi w/ my college boys: Golden Bell Roll/Tamago/Diet Coke (It was so great to see them. They are doing so well at college. I am so proud of them!)
Snack(s)
4 Christmas cookies (My friend with the dogs gave me Xmas cookies. I ate 4 on the way home. We ran the rest down the garbage disposal to keep from eating them all.)
Dinner
JC Chicken Carbonara/salad w/ JC dressing & croutons
Snack
JC Lemon cake

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Wow. Excellent post. And excellent poem. You almost made ME cry - because I understand what you're saying.

Hey, btw, be happy you weren't passed by 80-year old grandmas. That's happened to me on hiking trails. Straight up and I have to stop and catch my breath and an elderly woman will blow by me. LOL

~ Tracy