"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Ding dong the Cherubs are gone!


Ok. Maybe a little harsh, but I am so glad to be rid of them for 2 weeks. I am still a serious stress ball, but I am starting to see a glimmer of light waaaaaay down the tunnel. My eating is Out. Of. Control. So, I am going to go to Jenny this morning after some coffee and face the music.

Today is busy. I didn't want it to be, but it has to be. When you disappear from your life for a month doing finals and then catching up at work, everything else builds up. I have my long run (7.5 miles), a meeting with another grad student from state (she needs to borrow some of my old tests and I have been blowing her off all semester), lunch with a group of former students home from their respective colleges (UC Berkeley, UC San Diego, UCLA, and Cal Poly SLO. Had to brag about them for a moment. I am so proud!), then I have to go trim my friend's dogs' nails (she is kind of like my adopted grandmother and I have been blowing her off for about 4 weeks. Nice, huh? I just found out she was recently diagnosed with Narrow Angle Glaucoma and almost lost her vision. She's had two surgeries in the last month and is going to have a third on Thursday. So if I didn't feel like an asshole before, that sealed the deal.)

Exercise

None since my run on Wednesday. I was going to run on Thursday, but my stomach was not happy. Friday was a planned rest day. TOM has come for a visit and my tummy is still not 100% from the stress/virus/whatever issues it had the last couple of days, so hopefully today's run won't suck.

Food
When I think about how I was eating last winter it doesn't look so bad, but I know it isn't healthy or in line with my goal to maintain and possibly lose another 5 or so pounds.

Friday
Breakfast
(1) English muffin/cottage cheese/coffee (2) I am out of JC food which set me up for...
Snack
6 Christmas cookies, 6 Hersey kisses/coffee
Lunch
none. F&%#ing Christmas shopping
Snack(s)
none. F&%#ing Christmas shopping
Dinner
Chevy's Chicken Quesadilla (I can't find the nutritional info on it (???) but I know it's not good. Probably in 1000 calorie/30 grams of fat range (since, of course, I ate the WHOLE thing. I also ate a bunch of chips and salsa)
Snack
International coffee-style coffee/Yogurt w/ cereal/ JC Lemon Cake

Thursday
Breakfast
(1) English muffin/cottage cheese/coffee (2) I am out of JC food, no breakfast #2
Snack
Nutri grain bar/coffee
Lunch
Yogurt w/ cereal/Apple (I had to throw my regular lunch out, because it was one of those frozen meals that has been in the freezer too long.)
Snack(s)
Power bar
Dinner
Red Robin: Chicken Caesar Wrap no fries/side salad/Diet Coke
Snack
none

No comments: