"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Monday, December 24, 2007

Cute Coots on Christmas Eve

Work
Today I went to work at my old job for half day (the veterinary hospital is only open half day on Xmas Eve). Good to know that all the reasons I left are still in effect. I made some progress on Mission Impossible. It will be an interesting couple of weeks.


American Coot (coolest water fowl ever!)

Exercise

Run on Trail (54:10)
5 miles (10:50 min/mile pace)

After work I tried to go to the gym, but it was going to close in half an hour, so I decided to run on the trail. It was beautiful out so I am glad I did. I think I have a cold and my throat was bugging me a little, but my knee felt better than it did on Saturday's run.

The trail I run on goes along a creek, past percolation ponds, and by a small lake. The wildlife I see there is so cool. I thought I would share images (stolen from the internet of course) of some of the wildlife I see there regularly. The first picture is a muskrat swimming, the next is an American Coot (my all time favorite water fowl. They have the coolest feet!)














There are lots of species of ducks and both Canada and Snow Geese. The next images are of a great Blue Heron and the Great Egret. Both are very common sightings along the trail.


It was a beautiful day for a run. On days like this I can't believe I ever run on a treadmill. But on cold, rainy, dark days I immediately remember why the gym membership is a necessary evil.









Food Log


Breakfast
JC French toast & banana/coffee
Snack
2 pieces of chocolate at work
Lunch
JC Chicken Carbonara/ 2 sl. bread with margarine
Snack(s)
JC S'mores bar
Dinner
Chevy's chicken soft taco/chicken tamale/rice & beans
Snack
JC Lemon Cake

No comments: