"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Up 1.2

Sat, 24 Nov 2007 16:41
Up 1.2

JC Weigh in

Not too much of a shocker. I was up 1.2 pounds at weigh in this morning. I haven't been exercising using the "resting my knee" excuse when there were non-knee jarring exercises I could be doing, I have let a few things slip in terms of eating , but not terrible, and TOM has arrived with a vengeance. So I am not freaking out about the gain.

Would I have like to lost 1.4 and hit goal INSTEAD of gaining 1.2 and making goal all but impossible for next week? Sure, but like we have all said a hundred times this is about the lifestyle change not the scale, and I am pretty happy with how I conducted myself this Thanksgiving.


Thoughts on the Food log

I'll be back later to post food for the day. I have to say that, even though I know the food posts are boring as hell, the increased accountability has helped keep me from totally going crazy with the food like I did last winter (and every winter for years!), so I think I am going to keep it up until I feel like I don't need it anymore.

I do not want this to be about deprivation and it really hasn't been, but I get into denial very quickly about how much I am eating and tend to have "selective memory syndrome" when I don't have accountability.

I post all my food good or bad. Lying about it hurts only me and not wanting to post it keeps me from choosing foods that I only "want" to fill the hole instead of because it tastes good and I want to enjoy it. It is ok for me to have food I love to enjoy it. It is not ok for me to use it as a crutch to feel better in the instant and then beat myself up over it later.

Anyhoo, enough of that! Have a fantastic day!

No comments: