"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Friday, September 21, 2007

I finally broke the 20 pound mark!

Fri, 21 Sep 2007 21:00
I finally broke the 20 pound mark!

JC

It only took me 5 months, over 280 miles run, 98 miles biked, and a little under $2,000 in JC food, but I finally broke the 20 lb. mark!

I had weigh in today and I was down 2.8 pounds!! I have lost a total of 22.4 lbs! I feel pretty good about my weight these days. I don’t feel skinny by any means, and skinny was not my goal. I just didn’t want to be uncomfortable anymore and I wanted to feel healthier and more attractive. I am thinking of revising my goal to 125 to give myself a cushion. I don’t know I will have to think on that one.

I wanted to say thank you to Tracy for the comment on my question about rationalizing bad eating behavior. I 100% agree that this journey isn’t about eating/being perfect. I get caught up in the “perfection” cycle. I will be ultra-vigilant for a period of time and the first time I mess up I will use it as an excuse to completely give up on everything positive that I am doing. It is completely self-defeating and doomed to failure. Thank you for the reality check.

Exercise

My exercise was light this week due to the fact that I THOUGHT I was supposed to have my long run (20 miles) this weekend, but I am lame and cannot read a calendar. My 20 miler is next Saturday, so we are going to run 10 miles tomorrow and I will probably run 3 or 4 on Sunday.

Sleep

I am sleeping better, but not great. I am up to about 3.5- 4 hours a night. Which is probably my norm, but with the training I think I need more.


Stress

Off the charts and I don’t seem to be handling it particularly well. At least I can say I am not eating myself to death over it. However, I am certainly not making any friends at work.

You guys ROCK!

I could not have gotten to where I am physically and emotionally with out the support of you guys. Thank you so much!

No comments: