"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Sunday, September 16, 2007

What happened to the weekend?!

Sun, 16 Sep 2007 17:25
What happened to the weekend?!

I worked at school from 7:30am until 6:30 pm yesterday (yes, that is a Saturday) because I have no backbone and I scheduled 3 shifts of the same lab to accommodate the kids' schedules. I did get a lot of other work done during the break between lab group 2 and lab group 3, but I didn't get home until 9 because I went to dinner with a friend and I am BEAT. Now it is Sunday! Tomorrow is Monday, already! Sheesh!

Alright enough whining:

Exercise

Friday: rest day
Saturday: rest day due to all day lab marathon

Sunday: 8 mile run.
This was the best run I have had in a while. Perfect weather, legs felt great, the last four miles were all run at a pace under 11 min/mile (blistering pace for me) and that was the uphill portion of the run! All in all, a great run.

Food

I was 100% JC all during the week and most of Saturday. I had dinner at Red Robin and had the Chicken Caesar wrap (600 cal, 9 trillion grams of fat) fruit on the side (no fries)

This morning it kind of went to hell in a handbasket! I went to breakfast after the run had scrambled egg breakfast with hashbrowns and then berry pie. I only ate half the breakfast, but all of the pie (of course.) I planned it and I know I have to take my lumps, but I do have to be realistic that this is a change of lifestyle. I don’t want to live a life that is devoid of pie or hashbrowns (ok, maybe both in the same meal is a bit much, but I digress) I want a life where I make choices that make me healthy and happy. I would rather have my splurges as part of a celebration, rather than in an angry “Screw it!” moment.


[EDIT: I don't know, after reading this it sounds like a rationalization for bad behavior, but I don't know. I am going to leave and see what you all have to say.]

Weigh in

JC weigh in on Friday I was down 1.4 lbs. So I am just shy of 20 pounds lost (19.6 lbs lost to be exact)! Yipee!

Sleep

I may never sleep again. I am going to take a nap this afternoon. I have been foregoing my naps because of sleep issues. That is what everyone recommends, no naps. Unfortunately, it has not helped and I don’t sleep anyway. So, I am going to take some sleep where I can get it.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! However short they may be!

No comments: