"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Back From Seattle

Sat, 28 Jul 2007 00:59
Back from Seattle

Well, I am back from my five day vacation in Seattle. It was fun, but a little hectic. I tried to keep up with my training and JC goals. Here is a summary (sorry my posts are way too long) and some cool Seattle links.

Let’s start with the training:

Sunday (day we left): I ran 3 miles on the morning. It was scheduled as a rest or easy run day, so I felt pretty good about that.

Monday, cross training day: Only exercise was walking around Northwest Trek (highly rec. destination of you ever go to Washington. I’ll post a link to hubby’s pictures when he gets them up.)

Tuesday, I was a big chicken about running outside in the city so I decided to try out the treadmill. This was my first experience on a treadmill and I am not what anyone would call “super coordinated”, but I managed to run 3 miles without serious injury to myself or others. Then I did some pilates-style (this is what I have heard I honestly have no idea what pilates is) strength exercises that the TNT coaches recommend. In summary, the exercises are embarrassing looking and I HATE doing them in public, but I sucked it up and did them.

Wednesday, cross-training day: I ran 30 minutes on the treadmill (a whopping 1.5 miles. I new low even for my slow-a**. I am not sure how that happened, but it is what the stupid computer-thing said so I decided not to lie about it) and then 20 minutes on the stationary bike (the world’s stupidest and most boring invention ever!) and finished with a truncated strength training session because other people came in and I felt lame. Overall, a big fat reminder of why I do not belong to or go to a gym!

Went to the Woodland Park Zoo. Awesome! WAY too many children, but very nice exhibits

Thursday, longish run day: I got up at 5:15 in the morning so I would not have to see other people in the workout room. It worked! I ran 5 miles on the treadmill. I had to reset the stupid thing because it only lets you run for an hour and it took me longer than that to run the five. I was also dying without water because, while I mastered how to continue running on a seemingly stationary object I certainly was not skilled enough to drink water and do this. I was too embarrassed to wear my hydration belt on the treadmill for fear some one would come in and see me. So I guess I deserved to be thirsty. I had one guy that kept coming in at the end to see if I was done, but instead of being a wimp and getting off the machine because I felt like I was taking too long I finished my run (small personal victory, but I will take it!)

Jenny Craig update:

I ate pretty well the whole trip. I chose small portioned meals with less starches (carb-os are my BIG weakness) Mostly grilled fish (expensive, but low fat and yummy! I only seem to like expensive fish) or grilled chicken salads with light dressings on the side. Wednesday was my b-day and we ate on top of the Space Needle (good food, SUPER expensive, AWESOME view, must do once, but wouldn’t go again because of price) I was full and tired so no cake, which I was a little pouty about. However, I made up for it on Thursday with berry shortcake after lunch, then HUGE Japanese dinner followed by b-day cake (very cool surprise) with the in-laws. Overall, at WI today I was up 0.4. Bummer, but I just got off a plane an hour before and it was vacation, so….whatever!

No comments: