"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Crappy Day

Sat, 28 Jul 2007 16:57
Crappy Day
I was supposed to run 12 miles today. Note: I said supposed to run 12 miles today. I woke up early, crabby and feeling very achy. We got out to the run site and it was cold and foggy, more crabbiness. We started the run, much more crabbiness. After about a quarter mile my legs started feeling better, but my stomach started feeling bad. By mile two I was in abject pain and at 2.6 miles I had to stop.

It was/is depressing. I can usually run through it, but my stomach had me doubled over in pain and I knew I was not going to make the 12 mile run. My friends stopped with me, which is sweet and supportive and all, but made me feel like an a**. Not only had I ruined my run, I had now ruined their run as well. To top it off we had to walk back to my car while all the other runners came by on the trail and asked if we were ok. It was the ultimate "walk of shame."

I think my tummy was not happy from the traveling and the new Camel Back hydration belt I was trying out pulled on my stomach in a way that made it worse. Afterwards we went to get food and it took every ounce of, I hate to say will power, but whatever, to not order mozzarella sticks and berry pie for breakfast. I always get the "screw it"s when I have a set back. I am really grateful for my friends because they are supportive of me no matter what and helped me feel better without stuffing my face. I had a small bowl of oatmeal and some strawberries. Not a perfect breakfast/lunch, but better than mozzarella sticks and pie.

We are going to try again for the 12 mile run tomorrow. The TNT marathon training is quick and if I get behind in mileage I won't be able to catch up. I am feeling crappy and I am going to go take a nap before I eat something I will regret.

No comments: