"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Friday, June 12, 2009

Ding, dong! The cherubs are gone!

Finally, I have finished my last work day for the 2008-2009 school year.

Hale-freaking-lluejah!

It has been a pretty good year, but I couldn't help but think "Goodbye cherubs, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out" when that final bell rang.

Small Rant

If one more person gives me the 'Up-and down glance, YOU-are-doing-an-Ironman?' look after asking what I am doing this summer, they will be pulling their teeth out of their lower esophagus.

Yes, that includes the 155 year old Home Ec teacher. Sweet old lady, my ass.

The next person that looks at my hips as they say "Soooo, have you been, like, training a lot?", investigators will never find all the pieces of their body.

No, Sparky, I thought I would just wing it at Ironman. I am sure it will be fine.



Ok, I am done...

for now

In other news...


I got my Ironman number

74

Nope, I did not forget any digits. I am number 74.

What the hell? Doesn't that seem odd?

I keep hyperventilating when look at that number.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hhahahahah don't you just love that look! NOT!

Every time someone finds out I do marathons and Tri, I get THAT look.

We need to think of a reallly good come back. I HATE THAT LOOK!

Bootchez said...

The person who gives That Look is, invariably, someone for whom even *contemplating* something like a 10k is pretty much out of the question. Fuck 'em!

Just wanted to de-lurk for a moment and say howdy 'cause I haven't commented (or posted, for that matter) in a long time, but that don't mean I ain't reading!

IronSnoopy said...

I know that look all too well. It peeves me to no end. Don't get me started.

YAY FOR NUMBERS!!! Did you throw up a bit in your throat when you found out they were up?

My # for IM LOU was 84. :) You may be racked next to the pros (I was) and it makes finding your bike off the swim sooooooo easy. Hooray! (Small victories!)

I'm so excited for you.

Oh,and from the other day -- congrats on 10 years with the Mister, and congrats on making it through another school year. I gave that up eons ago.

Jo Lynn said...

I know there are people out there that can't believe I put in the miles I do! I should be a friggin stick. I now what you mean.

Sorry, but what's odd about #74?

Diana said...

Right now since wearing the "aircast" boot for the stress fractures, I get all kinds of looks....what doya mean you run? F*ck off losers!
74 sounds like a great number to me!

Carly said...

Ohhhh I get that look all the time too. Then it is usually followed up by some comment like "I have a friend who runs and s/he is REALLY into running". *eyeroll*

Yay to the Cherubs being gone! I don't know how you do it. I volunteer every once in a great while and that is plenty of time with kids. ha!

74 sounds like a kickass number.

Missy said...

74, 74, GOOOO #74! Run BITCH RUN! Oh yeah, I can hear it now. Woohoo.

I will totally punch those people for you. Effe them. They got no idea what it takes. Hell, they probably don't even know how long it REALLY is anyway.

Just remember forward motion all day, forward motion and a slow jog is always faster than a walk;)

Aka Alice said...

Yeah, I get that look all the time too (Really? YOU run? You ran a marathon?)...((looking up and down)).

F*ck off...

Yay for school being over! About damn time!

Love the number :-)

Unknown said...

Wow, 74 is such a low number. I looked it up, it's the atomic number for tungsten, which has the highest melting point of any of the metals and is added to steel to make it harder & stronger. What an awesome number for Ironman!!

Aileen said...

7 + 4 = 11, which is a lucky number, so this is a good thing, really.

LOL cats...you kill me every time :)

Lindsay said...

what's wrong with 74? that's like what, 10 numbers away from the elites?

whatever about those rude people. they could even walk a mile if their life depended on it.

if i knew some kids i would mail them to you so you had something to do on your summer vacation :)

Lindy said...

I am so unbelievably excited for you, and proud of you....i'm nervous for you, but if there's one thing I know, you are going to go out there and kick some ASS!!!!!

Run, Bitch, Run!!!! (and swim and ride, too!)

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Wait until after it's done! Then you'll get the double-take-head-snap, "YOU did an IRONMAN?" and you can be all, "that's right, bitches. I've just removed every excuse you've ever had not to exercise."

Dave said...

Heh, I thought my number (608) was low. Double digits, how cool!

Good luck out there from another first time IMer, see you on the course! :)

Calyx Meredith said...

74 is a GREAT number! I'll be tracking and it's awesomely easy to remember. You will be in my thoughts all day on Sunday!!!

The Stretch Doc said...

sorry so long here, but FREAKN SWEET!
so tell me, you know the RD or something to get that number.. haha.

YOU ROCK!!

rockon`