You know the old adage that a shitty last long run means you will have a good race, if it is true I may fucking well WIN the Triathlon at Pacific Grove next week.
Elevation for today's run:
Fremont Older Run: 10 miles 2:33:08 - List of Shit that sucked ass on today's run:
1. I was in a foul mood from the moment my alarm went off at 5 am (it is 10 trillion degrees these days in California, you have to run early)
2. My legs felt crappy from the first step until the last.
3. 9 billion 327 mountain bikers out on the trails today.
4. I got yelled at by one of the aforementioned Mountain bikers.
Let me recount the story for you:
We are both climbing up a steep as fuck hill in the sun on a single track. I will admit that I do not hear him behind me because I have my iPod on, but I always stay to the right of the trail. And in this case, it was a single track, there was no right of the trail. As soon as the trail widened a little, I moved over and he passed me growling "that is why you turn down your iPod."
Me thinks: We are both climbing on a single track, multi-use trail. I am NOT expected to dive into the fucking Poison Oak and cling to a cliff edge to let your self important, bitch-ass pass me.
Me says: Fuck you!
Rapier wit and class all in one cute, little, pink package!
5. Some asswipe in a HUGE truck (can we say overcompensation much?) blocked me into my parking space. It took me a full 5 minutes (and two very nice men directing me) to get my car out of the parking lot once this god forsaken run was finally done.
Fremont Older Run - List of Shit that sucked ass LESS on today's run:
1. As usual it was pretty.
2. It is over.
Here is the evidence of the only redeeming quality of today's run
Where is the fucking chocolate cake...
3 hours ago