"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday


I am posting this late because it has been hectic this week. Today is graduation. The last day of cherubs for the entire summer! After I gave my last final I cut out for a quick work out before graduation. It was the hottest day of the week, 95 degrees.

I was scheduled to do a bike/run brick for a 60 minute ride followed by a 20 minute run. I rode 15 miles in one hour (go me!) and then ran 1.1 miles. No it did not take me 20 minutes to run 1.1 miles, it took 11 minutes. That is all I could take in the heat. My neighborhood has next to NO shade cover (In California, big trees are for wealthy people) I fought the good fight, but I was not going to make it 20 minutes in the heat and direct sun.

Graduation went well, but I think I was coming down with whatever virus has been plaguing my hubby and I was just "off." I hate that graduation is at the end of the year (I know, when else could it be?) but it happens when I am totally burned out on the kids. I want to be excited for



them and be 'on' for them, but I find myself just wanting to get the hell out of there and start my summer. I got some wonderful thank you cards and gifts from students that were graduating and some that I will get to see next year. They are good kids. They really are. I will miss them, but am really grateful to get a break. I will get together with several students before they go off to college in August and I am sure I will cry and get excited, but right now, I am avoiding anyone under the age of 30. At least for a little while.


I bitch about my job on here a lot and I do want to say that I really do love my job. I just hate some parts of my job sometimes.

Congratulations graduates of 2008. I am so proud of you!

1 comment:

Calyx Meredith said...

Fun pictures. I am so glad you are (finally) done! Good for you for getting your brick in right in the middle of a hectic day. I wouldn't worry about those missing nine minutes either. Sally Edwards says in her tri book for women that it's the first 10-15 minutes of transition run that are the most important. You got that AND took care of yourself.