"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Another quickie


Minds out of the gutter people. I am talking about a quick post. Today is the last day of the cherubs, then Friday is a boring ass meeting day and I am DONE! D.O.N.E. Woo hoo!

Today I ran 5 miles, in 92 degree heat, at 12 noon, on 3 hours sleep. The girl that would use excuses like "I forgot my favorite socks. I guess I can't run today" went out and GOT IT THE FUCK DONE. Go me!

Sorry, I have to celebrate little shit like this. It has been a tough week.

Sidenote: Parents that think their child should pass my class just because their kid shows up everyday, even though said child sits in their chair drooling like they have had some sort of brain injury and does not do ONE BIT of work, EVER, should be prevented from further breeding.

I especially LOVE that I hear from these parents, FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, during the last week of school. Then I am accused of not caring about their child, ignoring their child's special needs (must be the need to do absolutely NO work whatsoever), and being unprofessional (I used the word "damn". As in, "I am not passing your son/daughter for sitting in their chair not doing a damn thing") with unethical grading policies (because I do not count participation as part of their grade. This is high school, not kindergarten! Besides, creating a REM sleep drool pattern on the desktop is NOT participating!)

Now she has a meeting with my principal to discuss my behavior.

Kiss my ass, lady.

Kiss. My. Ass.

Anyone need a biology teacher? I don't care about children, am unprofessional and unethical, but I work real cheap.

5 comments:

E said...

I am amazed at your running in the heat! I think I need to run with you and then I can just get it done too.

Oh, and the part about the drool pattern - LOL!

Lou said...

nice job getting out there in the heat... I think we always deserve to celebrate even our "smallest" victories.

Jaime said...

Way to be... I am going to try and feed off your motivation and get my run in this afternoon even though I really don't want to.

Calyx Meredith said...

Yay for RBR who GITFD!!!
So sorry you had to deal with the likes of the drooler & parents - what a buzz kill. Still - schoooooool's out for the sum-mah! :D

Erin Leigh said...

Good job getting out there in the heat, and on NO sleep!!

I coached soccer this year and had some interesting run in's with parents already. Makes me nervous about what is yet to come!!