"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Monday, February 4, 2008

Very Tired Monday


Melvin Update
Thank you for all the well wishes for Mr. Mel-man. He is doing fine. We are waiting on test results. He is eating and active and time will tell if his issues are resolving. He is very glad to be home and I am glad to have him home.

Exercise
Swim (approx. 26:00 forgot watch)
Swim 1000 yds.
Total calories burned (237 cal)

This little item (H2Oaudio.com iPod case) is AWESOME. It is a waterproof case and headphone set for your iPod. I greatly dislike swimming. I think many people feel the same way about running on a treadmill, but swimming laps makes me continually think, "when do I get to stop?" The addition of music to the incessant laps helped a lot. I had planned to swim 600 yards, but I swam 1000 yards. I would have even kept going for an even 30 minutes, but the lap swim time was over and they were going to start a class in the pool. This rocks!

Food
Breakfast
English Muffin & jam/coffee (155 cal)
Snack
JC French Toast/banana/coffee (320 cal)
Lunch
Sushi: Golden Bell Roll/Tamago (700 cal)
Snack(s)
Yogurt & 1/4 c. cereal (150 cal)
Dinner
JC Chicken Carbonara (260 cal)
Snack
1/2 pc. Choc. cake/yogurt & 1/4 c. cereal (350 cal)

Total calories in: 1935 cal
Total calories burned from exercise: 237 cal

4 comments:

Southbaygirl said...

hear Melvin is back at home and eating-always a good sign when they eat!!!! Let me know when the test results come back!!! Little guy!!!

The water ipod thingy sounds pretty cool-do they make them for the shuffle because I love my shuffle!! I really want to get in the water-but I really don't like to swim-only if I'm swimming from a shark!!!

As for the Buzz half-things may be changing if the WGA signs a deal this weekend...you never know you might see crazy me decend on San Miguel running shoes in hand!!!

Southbaygirl said...

Yeah the Buzz depends on work-if I get called for work I can bail on my shit shovelling job and come up....it might be a last minute thing. But if it doesn't work out....well we must find a race somewhere in the middle-Paso, SLO, Santa Barbara, hell once I'm working again I will be very eager for a road trip!!! Of course once I start working my running may suffer-you just cant be satisfied in this business-lots of work means money and no free time except for the weekends, no work means no money but lots of free time.

Southbaygirl said...

S-
You know it was a nice compromise...and it was such a beautiful day I had to take Velcro out to do something-and she's EXHAUSTED!!! It would have been nice to run-but considering my foot was still a bit swollen and sore today-I'll take any hike over sitting doing nothing!!!

Any word on melvin? I hope he's feeling better!!

I just looked at the course for this sundays 10k-mile 2, 3 and 4 up hill. But I'll probably do it anyway because they give you a cool medal afterwards!!! It's either all about the shirt or medal!!!

-P

Maryland Girl aka Michelle said...

The ipod case is cool. I love swimming, but lap swimming would be so much better with music. I usually am humming a tune while I swim. I will remember this if I decide to tackle another triathlon.