"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday


In five weeks I am going to run a marathon. Holy shit. I do not feel ready for that.

Exercise
Run Treadmill (40:45)
run 4 miles (10:11 min/mile pace)
HR monitor: Total calories burned (454 cal)

My quads were still tired and I need them to be ok for Saturday, so I cut it off at 4 miles instead of 5. Plus, the quesadilla I ate for lunch was coming back to visit and making my run uncomfortable.

Food
Breakfast
English muffin & jam/coffee (155 cal)
Snack
JC French Toast & banana/coffee (320 cal)
Lunch
Chevy's: Chicken Quesadilla (600 cal)
Snack(s)
Yogurt & 1/4 c. cereal (150 cal)
Dinner
JC Mac and Cheese (250 cal)
Snack
JC Chocolate Cake (170 cal)

Total calories in: 1645 cal
Total calories burned from exercise: 454 cal

2 comments:

Southbaygirl said...

Stacey,

You don't think you're ready! You're crazy!!! You plan on running twice this saturday. You finished a killer-primarily uphill killer run last weekend-woman you are crazy! You will so be ready!

penny

Southbaygirl said...

The first half of the marathon runs across the golden gate bridge which is what I want to do!! I have a thing for running across bridges-ran the NYC marathon so I got to run across the Verazanno-I think I'm going to do the Ist half marathon which is the end of august-what a beautiful time to be in the city!!

Penny