"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Sunday, December 16, 2007

End of another busy weekend


Random Thoughts
Is there ANYTHING that Beyonce won't hock on television? I am all for taking advantage of your popularity to make a buck, but come on! Just in the last 24 hours I have seen her shilling for makers of cell phones, makeup, perfume, cable t.v, and credit cards.

Really? Does she need the cash that bad? I know her last album wasn't the home run she had hoped for, but it still made her a decent chunk of change. Hell, most people could live the rest of their lives off her Destiny's Child royalties alone.


I don't know why I brought it up, I guess it was just Beyonce overload.

Today
Even though I am pretty wiped out from this week, I got up early to go to the gym. The opener for the Y apparently was sick or something and the gym didn't open until late. This meant I had less time to run before the strength class started. This was ok because my knee was pretty darn sore at the beginning of the run. It never got worse and, in fact, got a little better toward the end. I pushed it for the last mile and a half because I spent most of the first mile at a 12:00 min/mile and I wanted to get in at least 2.5 miles before the strength class.

I found out that my favorite (and most tortuous) strength class instructor is giving up the Sunday class. It was really a bummer to hear this. I just started going to this class and it was my favorite. It is going to turn into a spin/pilates class after the first of the year. I will have to think on that one. I think the strength training is helping my knee, so I need to keep it up, but all the classes at the Y are turning into pilates classes. In my limited exposure to pilates it seems like if you don't have special instruction in pilates, you don't get a lot of benefit out of it or you can even hurt yourself. Maybe I will get a couple private lessons and then take the classes at the Y. I refuse to pay for regular classes when I pay a ridiculous fee to be a member of the Y.

Exercise Log
Treadmill (26:21 min:sec)
Run 2.5 miles (10:32 min/mile pace)

Strength Training Class (60 min)
I am entirely too lame and uncoordinated for the yoga ball. Who knew a playground toy could cause so much pain and embarrassment?

Food Log
Breakfast

JC French Toast w/banana/coffee
Snack
powerbar/coffee
Lunch
JC Mac 'n Cheese/sl. wheat bread w/ margarine
Snack(s)
coffee (X3) (Grading always makes me want coffee *shrug*)
Dinner
(Date night at sushi) Golden Bell Roll/Tamago/2 pcs. fried tofu/Diet Coke
Snack
yogurt w/ 1/4 c. cereal

No comments: