"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Yay me!

Wed, 08 Aug 2007 23:45
Yay me!

I went to the YMCA which is my gym, ick! I hate gyms. I only go to swim, and since I do not own a pool I am forced to join a gym in order to use theirs. I am hoping I will be brave enough to go this winter to run on the treadmill to get at least a little more value for my exorbitant monthly fee. We shall see.

Anyhoo, back to “Yay me!“ I went to the gym and I swam! I have been putting it off and putting it off, but today I did it. Not only did I swim, I swam a mile! That is 35 laps or 70 lengths of the pool. Alright, for you math whizzes. I did swim the extra 10 yards! To the non-math compulsives: a mile is 1760 yds and 35 laps only equals 1750 yds.

Tomorrow is the 6am Buddy Run and I am planning on 6 miles .

JC-wise I have been very good except a small Taco Bell indiscretion at Tuesday’s lunch. I had the grilled chicken taquitos (260 calories and ~10 grams of fat) and a diet coke. Those damned commercials finally got to me. I will probably pay at WI for all the sodium in that sucker, but damn, it was tasty!

No comments: