"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Friday, August 10, 2007

Fri, 10 Aug 2007 18:46
Friday weigh in...

I was down 2.4 lbs at weigh in today! I am very excited. This has been a great week. I finished my clear credential classes, my exercising went well, and I lost 2.4 lbs!! I am not sure why, (although I was pretty darn good with my eating this week), but I will take it!

Also, thank you to everyone that has commented on my blog and for all your encouraging comments! Anyone can run. I NEVER thought I would be a runner, but I started really slow! Then very slowly built up miles and now I really enjoy it. Well, not everyday and not every run, but most of the time I really enjoy it.

There are still MANY people that run 2 or 3 times faster than me on the TNT team, but I just keep in mind that I used to do absolutely nothing so running at any speed is better than 0 miles an hour on the couch!

Tomorrow I am doing the Dammit Run (I love that name!) This is the 5 miles run that goes up the face of a dam. My Dad and I are doing it together. Unfortunately, I JUST found out that the run includes another nasty hill that I didn’t know about. I remember one well meaning friend about 14 years ago attempted to drag my sorry, two pack a day smoking, fat arse up that same trail and I thought I would DIE! I turned around after about 50 yards. It will be kind of cool to conquer it tomorrow and with it conquer a little bit of my unhealthy past. Wish me luck!

No comments: