"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I am BACK baby!!

Ok, so I am an ass for not remembering to post that I was going on vacay last week, but if you remember WAAAAAAY back to July 25-August 1, I did do some crazy shit right before I left so my brain was a little, umm... toasted, to say the least.

So where did little Ms. RBR jet off to for the last 12 days, you may ask?

ALASKA, BITCHES!!

Now you may be thinking Alaska? WTF?

Seriously? Not a very RBR-esque vacay

No, no, not THAT Alaska.

THIS Alaska

A Sea stack with a Bald Eagle nest on top in Kukak Bay, Katmai, AK.

To see these guys.

Melissa and her cubs (yes, the crazy fuckers that camp and live out there name them. No bear named 'Melissa' would eviscerate you, right? Ummm...she is still a fucking GRIZZLY bear, whack job!)

Link to hubby's pics. KATMAI BEARS He is working on getting them loaded so keep checking back they are AWESOME!

Yes, if you were wondering, we WERE that close. Scary, but fucking AWESOME!

We lived on this for the duration of the trip. Which explains my internet absence, no?


When was the last vacation you went on that required you to wear hip waders and you got to hold antlers left over from a wolf kill? Yeah, I thought so. I win the bad ass vacay contest.

It was an amazing trip, but I came home to 156 emails (most were trying to sell me shit. So, no, I am not nearly that important), my Google Reader just says "A whole fucking lot" new items, I guess it gave up counting, and I have to actually go back to work this week! Ain't THAT a bitch!

I will be desperately trying to catch up on your blogs while appearing to be paying attention during my hours of mindless, end of summer-beginning of school-let's bore the snot out of you so you forget all about vacation, staff meetings and trainings.

30 comments:

PunkRockRunner said...

Welcome home! Looks like an amazing adventure.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Teh B*tch is BACK!1!

And tranny-er than ever, I'm hoping!1!

FIRST (part deux)!1!)

(aka, second ... SH*T!1!)

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

How do you know a wolf killed whatever was attached to those antlers? Isn't that a bit of a rush to judgment, B*tch? I mean, unless you were on vacation with Teh CSI Alaska Team.

Because I happen to know that moose was killed by Sarah Palin! From a helicopter!1!Which is why she's on teh lam now, 'cause moose families hold grudges!1!

So as a wise politician once said in Her Hroic Quitting Speech: "Stawp makin' things up!"

Aileen said...

LOL...amazing :)

Those bears are a lil too close for comfort. Pretty majestic and all, but still, toooooooo close.

Generation X (Slomohusky) said...

Thanks for going all Grizzly Adams on us with this one. What? NO 50K trail running events in hip waders while running for your life from claws and fangs? Now that would be badass.

What was more scary - the fuzzy adorable looking bears who would eat you if they could - or, biking tour of the streets and bridges of Sacramento?

Sounds like a a great trip. Welcome back.

Tri Mommy said...

Those pictures are amazing! I'm with you though... Melissa can still eviscerate you. A little too close for comfort...

Regina said...

Welcome back beeyotch. Big thumbs up on the phots, wow! I;m thinking those hip waders could use a pink boa to up the fashionista factor.

Looks like a great trip! Good thing I didn't try to contact you while I was in CA last week. I would have felt like you were blowing me off!

(BTW, love your state and want to move there.)

Alisa said...

Alaska is beautiful, so rugged!

Looks like a great time for sure.

Pretty soon you'll be telling us about teachers throat (you know that pesky sore throat you get after the first week of classes?!). My parents are teachers, I know all about it.

B.o.B. said...

Very cool photos. Your vacay totally wins.

Jo Lynn said...

A non-exercise-related vacation? How boring was that?! Just kidding.

Love the bear pictures. They are so damn cute but I know, so damn dangerous too. Your hubby got some great shots.

Unknown said...

I'm sooooo envious. I want to go to Alaska someday!!

The Stretch Doc said...

hell yea.!! you win the bad ass vacation award!!

glad your back.

rockon`

IronWaddler said...

Glad you are back!

My friend goes to Alaska to visit her brothers. She just brought back fresh salmon.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh yes the back to school informative meetings; can't wait as well!

RoadBunner said...

I was wondering where you were!!

Welcome back. AWESOME vacation!!

I love that bear photo. BABY BEAR BUTT!!! Send that one in to cuteoverload.com!!

Nicole said...

Gosh, we're going on a cruise to Jamaica, the Cayman Islands, and Cozumel. I feel like a pansy now.

Carolina John said...

glad you had a fun trip! going anywhere near bears makes me crap my pants.

Keri said...

Just found your blog and love it! I ran the San Francisco Marathon too...ouch!

Aron said...

oh what an awesome vacation!!! glad you are back now though :)

Lindsay said...

this is quite the rbr vacation. welcome home! looks like quite the vacation and experience. i'll pass on the wolves sloppy seconds though :)

RunFasterDaddy said...

Very cool photos. I humbly admit that your vacay was way more bad ass than mine this year.

Aka Alice said...

Boring back to school meetings? You just described my week that ended. Class starts on Monday (GAH!)

Take a laptop with you to the meetings, then you can just look like your taking notes and get all caught up on blog reading...not that I did that this week.

Unknown said...

I have always love the Land of the Last Frontier! Great pixs !!!

Formulaic said...

Sounds freaking awesome! I was wondering what happened to you.

Did your husband take his normal round of outstanding professional quality pics?

Maryland Girl aka Michelle said...

Welcome back!

ShirleyPerly said...

Welcome back! Alaska is a great place to visit IN THE SUMMER. We never got closer than about a mile from grizzlies, though, so they were just tiny dots in binoculars. Awesome photo!!

Larry L said...

What a trip that had to be! Your husband's photos are unbelievable. It had to be fairly surreal being with Treadwell's friend and being in the area where that saga unfolded. Thanks for sharing and welcome back!

Donna said...

Just came across your blog... Love it! So much fun to read and I can feel your excitement! Thanks for sharing!

Of course the title caught my name... I'm constantly telling myself, "Run, bitch, run!"

Stef0115 said...

Great pics glad you had fun!

I was born up there (Fairbanks) but haven't been back other than a sanitized cruise.

I want to go back like YOU went!!

Good luck getting back into the swing of work too.

JenZen said...

What a gorgeous trip!!! Soo beautiful!