I was tagged by the lovely and oh, so, speedy Lindsay WELL over a month ago and I am finally getting down to business.
I have to be honest and say that I don't really remember the rules, but it was something like, List 25 interesting/random things about you.
I don't know if I can do 25 or make them 'interesting', but 'random' is my forte.
Here they are in no particular order:
1. I lived in 17 different houses before I was 12 years old. No, we are not military and no, I was not a problem foster child.
2. Even though we lived everywhere, I consider myself a California Girl. Born here, and barring a huge win from the lottery that would allow me to live in Hawaii, I will die here.
3. I was in a body cast for 6 weeks when I was 5. My poor, poor mother. I can't even imagine the horror of a hyperactive, 5 -year old, me trapped in a body cast!
4. I HATE ONIONS! And guess what Mr. Waiter, green onions/scallions/chives? THEY ARE ALL FUCKING ONIONS!!
5. Unless my husband or I are sleeping in it, my bed is always made. Always.
6. I have been madly in love with my husband since I was 21 years old. I turn 40 this summer.
7. I am a pack rat! Certifiable.
8. I will, however, periodically throw out everything and swear on my mothers' eyes that I will NEVER let it get cluttered again. I have done this cycle more times than I can count.
9. If I have a bad day I have been known to drop $300 (or more. Shhh! Good thing hubby does not read my blog!) at a Pet Store on new beds, toys, and bowls for all of my animals. My version of retail therapy.
10. I have begun to bore the snot out of myself with this list, so I guess there are only 9 even mildly interesting things about me.
Next up Rage In the Sage 1/2 Iron Triathlon
Dear God above I have a Half Ironman Distance triathlon in 3 days. I was searching and reading race reports on last year's Rage Tri and what I found was NOT encouraging. The one that was most notable was written by our very own bad ass Ironwoman SWTrigal (Rage Report) . It sounds like a brutally tough course and is usually hot.
Awesome. Barb's Race part Deux.
Tomorrow I am driving to LA to pick up my LA Run Buddy and then on to Henderson, NV. It will be about a 11-12 hour trip. This is longest road trip I have ever done myself. Hubby is staying home to take care of the kids (furry and scaly 'kids', we don't have any of the naked, loud, expensive kind)
I am very excited because I get to met a bunch of bloggy buddies: Stef, Formulaic, Form's lovely wife Kelly, and JohnnyTri. It should be a hoot. Well, it will be a hoot after I get my ass handed to me by the desert.
I will have my best buddy and my camera so we know two things: 1. We will have a hell of a good time and 2. I will be back soon with a report of the festivities!
4 hours ago