"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Friday, October 31, 2008

Oops! Did I forget to train for that?


So, the other day I am looking at my event calendar and I see that on November 15th I have a 100 mile ride scheduled in Solvang with LA Run buddy. No biggie. It's been there for months. Let's see that is ....

2 weeks away!

Hmm ... NOW we have a problem.

You may have noticed I haven't blogged about much cycling lately. Well, that is only because I have not been doing very much cycling lately. Oops.

In light of this, I have toned down my plans to the 100K ride (62.5 miles) which will still be the longest ride I have ever done and a stretch or me, but less likely to, umm.., KILL me.

Tomorrow

I am running the 25K at the Stinson Beach Trail Run. There is a 100% chance of rain and a slight chance of thunderstorms (really, pretty rare in California). I don't think I have ever seen the weather forecast say 100% chance. That isn't really a 'chance' then, is it?

Whatever. I have a hat.

9 comments:

Tina Mickelson said...

I'm so glad we have rain. I wish I had gone out and ran in it. But I'm a slaker. I wish I could ride a bike... I mean I can ride a bike just not for like any significant distance and my clutsy old 10 speed (2 gears work) wouldn't be up to the beating. So 100K, I'm thinking of you! Two weeks? You can do it! I have faith in you.

Willie said...

Training spmaining!! Who needs it.

100 mile, 100K what's the difference anyway huh?

Hope all is well with you.

ShirleyPerly said...

With all you've done already this year, you can totally do a 100K bike ride. The hardest part will probably be just sitting on the bike for so long.

As for the 100% rain, did you do something to piss off the weather gods? Well, better during a run than a bike ride ...

Nikemom said...

The weatherman is always wrong! :D Run it and cycle it. Just remember you ARE "Run Bitch Run". :D

Marie said...

I did a couple of 50 mile rides, without much training. I think I was able to do them because of all the running I do.

Since you run so much, I am sure you can do a 100K no problem.

Unknown said...

Hope the 25K goes well for you in the rain.

I think you can do a 100K ride no problem - I mean - it won't kill you. :-)

S. Baboo said...

Egads, good luck with that wet run.

Southbaygirl said...

nov 15th...Solvang...kinda right up the street from me..kinda...and there is a wine pickup on sunday 16th in that area for a wine club I'm a member of.....hmm...now that I'm FINALY finished with my month long work hell....I'm going to try!

Maryland Girl aka Michelle said...

You would have no problem with 100K or 100 miles on the bike - except for your butt bones and girl parts aching after a bit.
I did a VERY hilly 50 miles after not being on a bike for a year, no training and a surgery 3 weeks prior. Yes i was sore after, no I wasn't fast.....
You can knock this out!