1. Run Buddy and I decided to run this together and I love her to pieces.
2. It is a Rock 'n' Roll event which are usually pretty fun
3. It is in my home town and runs through my neighborhood (the pretty part, for some reason the race director didn't want to include a 'Pink Poodle loop'. Odd, I know)
4. Run Buddy has done it every year it has happened (this is its third year in San Jose, I missed last year due to my knee injury before the Nike marathon)
Nefrititi and her slave girl came out from the Rosicrucian Museum to cheer runners on. I love this little neighborhood museum. If you ever come to San Jose you should really go.
Not so good things:
1. I have entered full blown bitchtabulous status with PMS.
2. Run Buddy fully admits that she did not train for this at all and she was going to do a 1 min run /1 min walk (yes, from the very start of the race. It is just as irritating as you would imagine) for as long as she could handle. Which ended up being mile 8. She walked after that.
3. I was running this with her, so that means that is what I was doing.
It was a long morning. *sigh*
Sorry to be a bummer...