"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I am a REAL runner now

The marathons did not prove it to me, doing intervals in the heat did not prove it to me, even enduring the Skyline Ridge 1/2 marathon from hell did not prove it to me. It took these...

From the website. New Balance should be ashamed of themselves. The focus group that told New Balance, "sure, teal and neon coral are great colors for running shoes!", should be ashamed of themselves.


these, hideous, hideous shoes proved it to me.

I purchased these trail running shoes because they were the best type for my feet and running style. I completely disregarded that they are, in fact, the UGLIEST shoes ever made. THAT, my friends, is the hallmark of a REAL runner.

I ran in them for the nine mile trail run this weekend and they were perfect. I had SOOO wanted to hate them so I could take them back, but no, once again the run store guy was right.


Post trail run. I think the dirt helps a little

These loud, obnoxious shoes are perfect for me. Are running shoes like dogs and look like their owners? I sure hope not.

8 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

A few runs through the mud should disguise the color nicely ;-)

Calyx Meredith said...

OMG those ARE seriously ugly shoes. I bet they clash mightily with the trademark gorgeous RBR colors. Glad you have trail shoes that work for you foot, hideous though they may be. The things we do for sport! You are like a real runner cubed now.

Andrea N said...

Oh puhlease...you are so gorgeous no one is looking at your shoes!!

Besides...I've seen uglier shoes...

Erin Leigh said...

This post cracked me up. I am such a shoe whore, I don't know if I could have done it.

E said...

Those are not very pretty, but at least they are right for you and will make you run faster and better. :)

Jane said...

uh, yeah, I guess all I can say is I've seen uglier. You know you are a triathlete instead of just a runner, when you actually care somewhat about the colors. Bike roadies are by far the worst though.

I keep thinking of what new colors to pick out for my new bike and what would match clothes the best. I want an orange bike, but I could never find orange tri clothes (not that I would ever where orange as it's not my color). Oh vanity!heh

Stef0115 said...

OMG those are awesome. I covet them.

Lou said...

You are most definitely legit!