"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Sunday, March 9, 2008

That didn't go so well...


Let's start with yesterday:

The bacteria grew, so we were able to do the lab (Thank God!) It went well.

The bike ride was great. We went 20 miles in about an hour and 40 minutes. I had to wait for my run buddy a few times. This was her first ride in a while and she was having seriously bad traffic light-ju ju. The weather was beautiful. The ride was essentially flat. I definitely have to build my bike fitness before I try to climb anything serious the very few uphills we encountered were tough for me.

Today:

I met with my triathlon training group this morning. We were supposed to meet at 7 am I got there about 45 minutes early. The email said to meet at the entrance to the park. I drove in and waited by the ranger stand. At 6:45 when no one else was there I tried to call the coach to see if I was in the right place, no answer. I continued to wait. At 6:55 I called again, this time I reached her, no "we call that the kiosk. Drive back out to the main street." Great, I HATE being late, especially when I am already uncomfortable. I guess, technically I was not late I got there at 7, but I was still unhappy.

Then I approach a group of women that I presume are the triathlon group. Not one person says a word to me. Finally I ask is the the triathlon training group. One woman barely looks away from her friend to say simply, "yes" before turning back to talk to her friend. Apparently, they all are in the same triathlon club and know each other.

We were divided into three groups for the run: "pink", "turquoise", and "black." The pink was the lowest mileage and the black was the highest. Most of the pink runners had bailed and there were only three or four. It was hard to tell since no one was talking to me. I ran with a woman that was kind of left behind the other pinks. She was nice (kind of), but I don't think she would have chosen to run with me. She obviously got left my her buddies and she and I were the same pace, so she was kind of stuck with me.

It was a pretty shitty feeling.

9 comments:

Calyx Meredith said...

Mean people suck! How hard is it to say hello and welcome someone in? Sorry you had that experience. Maybe it was a fluke and the next meeting will go better! I couldn't find a way to email you - I'm calyxima @ gmail.com (without the spaces of course) - but to answer your question, a bunch of my old shipmates and I are doing the PG tri as part of Navy reunion festivities. There's a lot to it - but the short answer is we were stationed at DLI and who wouldn't want to go back to one of the most beautiful places ever? Peace.

Willie said...

Ouch, what's up with the snotty tri-women. Screw them, you're probably better than most of them anyway. You're not there for a social popularity contest, you're there to train for a triathlon. Beat the shit out of them and move on. OK so hold off on the beating and just move on. Don't they know who you are?? You're a marathon woman! You the RBR Biaaatch!

Glad your mold grew, hope the vermon are good tomorrow.

Angela said...

That sucks! What bitches! I would so run with you.... if I lived near you and IF I could run that far, which I can't. But I'm working on it!

E said...

I hate snobby women!!! Don't let them get you down. They probably thought that you would kick their butts when it comes time for the tri and were scared of you. But we all know you'll kick their butts in the tri anyway! :)

Anonymous said...

Stupid wh*res! You shoulda told them you just ran a marathon LAST FRIKKIN WEEKEND and you're back out there. Sorry for the absolute filthy language, but I just hate that kinda crap.

Southbaygirl said...

They are a bunch of Bitches! Screw them! You grow MOLD! They don't!

I grow mold too-sometimes-in my refrigerator when i work alot! If you ever need any call me.....

Must pour a glass of wine!

Lets meet and run!!! meet run and then drink wine....

Must get my shit ready for work tomorrow.

Southbaygirl said...

Oh yeah-Willie is a bit off with all his Big ten crap! Doesn't he know that the SEC is the best conference!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh man! As if going to a workout with a new group wasn't scary enough. Stupid catty women have to make it the worst! How pathetic of them.

You so rock for joining this training group. I can really imagine how intimidating it is (you described this a few weeks ago). You've got balls woman (assuming with your lively sense of humor this snarky comment will be funny rather than offensive...).

Your comment on my blog was great. Love the redefining thing. This is so what I need.

Anonymous said...

Ugh. Are you kidding? Mean girls infiltrate the tri trainings, too?? Hmm...and here I thought mean girls were confined to the prissier endeavors, rather than pushing themselves to really sweat. Damn.

Glad to hear the mold experiment worked this time!!! But, like pkpwv, I also frequently have "experiments" growing in my fridge, (yesterday I just tossed out some moldy cool whip from Christmas(yuck!)).... so if you ever need any, just holler. :-D