"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Super productive Sunday


Today
I was a busy bee today. I had to get my life in order at home. I started my day by avoiding the gym. I looked around my house and decided it needed to come first today. I told myself I would go swim if I got everything at home done. So I went to my Sunday morning meeting, came home and did all the laundry including all animal bedding (no small order with a dog, 5 cats, and 2 rabbits), I cleaned the house and all animal cages, washed all their bowls and place mats, sorted my nightstand books (the pile has gotten ridiculous. I have a book addiction. My husband made the rule that I have to donate a book before I buy a book. I break this rule ALL THE TIME.) and created piles of books to be returned to their owners and books to be donated, packed some returns from internet orders gone wrong, and after a brief nap I went to the gym to swim! I am quite proud of myself. Not only did I fulfill my promise to swim once a week I swam 750 yards instead of the 500 yards I had planned.

Unfortunately, I am not done yet. I have some final grading to get done before grades are due tomorrow morning and then I have to plan my lessons for tomorrow.

Exercise
Swim (20:56)
Swim 750 yds.
Total calories burned (198 cal)

Food
Breakfast
2 pcs. wheat toast w/margarine/coffee (240 cal)
Snack
1/2 pc. chocolate cake (200 cal)
Lunch
JC Cheesy Enchilada (260 cal)
Snack(s)
sl. wheat bread w/margarine (120 cal)
Dinner
JC Carbonara (260 cal)
Snack
1/2 pc. chocolate cake/yogurt w. 1/4 c. cereal (350 cal)

Total calories in: 1430 cal
Total calories burned from exercise: 198 cal

1 comment:

Southbaygirl said...

S-
Is it fun working? I've forgotten what it's like? I guess taking care of my animals is kinda working?? Actually my pet sitter just offered me a months pet sit for this woman who's having open heart surgery on feb 12th. It would be a pleasure to help out this woman!!

Good for you swimming-that's the one thing that has stopped me from doing a tri-I'm not a member of a gym and I refuse to swim in this freezing ocean by myself...brrr.... When the a-hole ex left me in Sept I was going to do the Hermosa Beach Tri in October just to do something radical for myself-but I didn't do it....but mayeb i can motivate this year and plan to do it this October.....swimming in a wetsuit-doesn't really appeal to me!
-P