"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Finished!


Today
Last day for Mission Impossible the inspection is tomorrow morning. Halle-freaking-lujah!

I went and did my run ( I was NOT going to let this damn project mess with my training) and then went to the hospital for another 5 hours of manual labor. I had to do some book work for the first hour and a half so I am going to record it as 500 calories. I just think the calories burned calculator is a little high at 830, but I worked hard and I want some credit for it in my calories burned for today. I couldn't go to the strength class because I was at the hospital working. I also missed the damn PTSA meeting, where I was going to grovel for money. Damn, damn, damn! I really wanted to get one of their mini grants. It is easier than writing a grant, you just go and present. I can be pretty convincing when I grovel for money for my students. I have never been turned down for a mini grant.

Oh well. At least the stupid thing is done! I have to go one last time to stand for part of the inspection and then I am out!

Exercise
Run treadmill (41:20)
run 4 miles (10:20 min/mile pace)
HR monitor: Total calories burned (415 cal)

Tough run today. I looked at the treadmill screen and was shocked.horrified to see i had only gone 0.5 miles. It felt like a long run. I think i was feeling the effects of working so hard at the hospital. My back in tweaked, my legs, arms and neck are all sore and stiff. It was of those runs you do because you are supposed to not because you feel good.

Food
Breakfast
English Muffin w/ butter/coffee (155 cal)
Snack
Luna Bar (morning)/coffee/almonds & snack pack of dried mangoes (pre-run) (365 cal)
Lunch
1/2 Togo's turkey sandwich/banana (295 cal)
Snack(s)
Togo's Peanut butter cookie (They put the f&%$ing things right on the counter! Then ask, "is that all for you?" " No, I take a goddamn cookie, you cookie pusher! Sorry... I digress) (360 cal)
Dinner
Other 1/2 Togo's turkey sandwich (225 cal)
Snack
Yogurt & 1/4 c. cereal (150 cal)

total calories in: 1550 cal (I will never eat only 1200 calories. I am obviously constitutionally incapable)
total calories burned from exercise: 915 cal

No comments: